NLite config? (1 Viewer)

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is anyone using Nlite to get a trimmed XP install for mediaportal? If so, care to share your config?
It would make it a lot simpler to do.

Simple way to remove all the stuff you dont need in a media centre.

P.Niem

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm looking for a nLite config as well. So please share your config.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please leave that pure non-sense!

There are 3 reasons for end-users to use NLite:
    1. no floppy but needing drivers for deprecated OS = okay
    2. customizing own settings right from the start = useless since other people will have different preferences
    3. stripping "unneeded" parts of Windows = pure bullshit!

So if you did consider 3 and you are not a M$ dev who knows the exact dependencies you're doomed right from the start. I for example will never use a printer with my PC. Nevertheless I needed the print spooler service to install some vital updates. There are dozens of such examples...

NLite comes in really handy for purpose 1 and 2 but please understand that we cannot support any issue if you're not using a fully updated, complete Windows installation. I guess HDD space shouldn't be an issue for HTPCs which are meant to record and play terabytes of data..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom