No 48kHz .dts Playback? (1 Viewer)

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've notice that the PureMusic Player don't play .dts files witz 48kHz (44.1kHz works fine).

The playback starts for one second and stopped then (I see the Playback window for a short moment, but I don't hear anything).

It works with foobar (my reciever shows DTS-Input).

Is there a fix?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This means something is playing with your audio and you are not getting bitperfect output.

I assume you are using ASIO in both Foobar and PureAudio?

Also do you get output if 48Khz file is first one you play? If not then if you press stop and try to play it a second time does this work?

(or are you actually using WMP Player and not the PureAudio plugin ?)

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: No 48kHz .dts Playback?

Yes, that's right. I'an using foobar and PureAudio with ASIO4ALL (both same settings). Foobar works fine but when I try to playback with PureAudio the playback window appears for a second and close then, nothing more happens.
    So I tryed your tipps as good as I can but nothing helps.

I've also notice that PureAudio plays ac3-wave files with 48kHz too slow. Foobar works here fine, too.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've also notice that PureAudio plays ac3-wave files with 48kHz too slow. Foobar works here fine, too.

That's a known issue: mantis.

AIUI pure audio bypasses that. Will see if I can figure out what is going on but I struggled a little with the code last time I tried to debug it...

It does bypass. I found that PA can also have problems of its own if you don't set up the sample rate properly...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's a known issue: mantis.

AIUI pure audio bypasses that. Will see if I can figure out what is going on but I struggled a little with the code last time I tried to debug it...

It does bypass. I found that PA can also have problems of its own if you don't set up the sample rate properly...

Can you elaborate? I have an issue which I think is actually down to crap Asus drivers but if I play a 96khz file it plays slow. If I start it again it works. If I then play a 44.1khz file it plays at chipmunk speed. Again if I start a second 44.1 kHz file (or restart the same one) it works.

Looking at the input on amp it appears the sample rate being uses is one song out but never managed to track this down (hence thinking it was drivers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Can you elaborate? I have an issue which I think is actually down to crap Asus drivers but if I play a 96khz file it plays slow. If I start it again it works. If I then play a 44.1khz file it plays at chipmunk speed. Again if I start a second 44.1 kHz file (or restart the same one) it works.

Looking at the input on amp it appears the sample rate being uses is one song out but never managed to track this down (hence thinking it was drivers)

Is this for PA or BASS? I have uninstalled PA and I've hacked my MP to handle the non-44.1 sample rates - I think it is playing them at 48kHz (or at least they sound higher and faster tonight - don't remember it being that way), but it is "good enough" for me. Hwahrmann was going to deal with this but perhaps he forgot about it. All my testing info including a few comments about PA can be found in the internal thread linked by the mantis...

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: No 48kHz .dts Playback?

So than I have to resample my files ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom