No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am still having problems with no audio after starting (including auto-start on reboot) MP or resuming from sleep. It only occurs if I enable the "Hide Windows Volume OSD" setting, I would like to have both the Windows and MP volume OSDs hidden as I use the HDMI volume control in the CEC Remote plugin which shows my AVR volume OSD. With the setting enabled following an MP start or resume from sleep it intermittently has no sound:(, audio from Windows desktop is still OK but nothing, including navigation sounds, from MP. Restarting MP usually fixes it but if an attempt is made to change the volume while the failure is present MP will hang and have to be closed with the Task Manager. The only entry in the logs found for such an incident is as follows:-
    [2019-06-14 19:02:18,370] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - HideVolumeOSD: OSD window not found!
    [2019-06-14 19:02:18,448] [Error ] [14 ] [ERROR] - HideVolumeOSD: OSD window not found!
    [2019-06-14 19:02:19,594] [Error ] [OVInit ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Vimeo: Error getting oauth token : Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden..

I believe this problem began with MP 1.21 and is the same with 1.22 and did not change with the Win 10 update from 1809-1903. A further weirdness is that if the "Hide Windows Volume OSD" setting is cleared I think the problem goes away but the OSD is still not displayed until a reboot. There is something not right here.o_O

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
    For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
    Description: After a resume from sleep the Radio Time plugin will no longer play any radio stations and gives the error shown in...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut down as elegantly, I also suspect, though I have not tried it, that the result would be the same for playback of any video, i.e. not just TV. Given that German TV is now all transmitted as full HD, the need...
    Thanks for that but it does seem to me that Madvr is the issue here, I guess it is not as robust as the EVR or does not get shut...
    When I finish watching TV I always stop the playback and exit to the home gui before putting the HTPC to sleep and have no...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 3 Bugs in MP 1.21 DE
    In the attached log an example of Problem #3 (2 clicks required on TVguide) occured at 08:18 this morning following a resume from sleep immediately prior to that. Following that I played a 3D .mkv (Ant Man, also at 08;18) and stopped it to show Problem #1, refresh rate remained at 23hz untill I closed MP to collect the logs. Problem...
    In the attached log an example of Problem #3 (2 clicks required on TVguide) occured at 08:18 this morning following a resume from...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.21 Description 1) After playing a 3D video (.mkv/mvc) the refresh rate remains on 23hz i.e. it does not...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to do !!! So this is not good! That's good news, you have found a lead that can trigger the issue. It's needed to analyze this, it seems that this option is disabled on my HTPC, but need to confirm it :)
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to...
    I have only noticed this problem since updating to MP 1.21 Final, on resume from sleep I do not get any sound when navigating (and...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up in the Home screen. Would be nice if it could start on TV (if that's where MP was when put to sleep), just like my older Panasonic PVR. But this workaround is reasonable. I will add that sometimes, even...
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up...
    Hello, I have MP 1.22 freshly installed on a Windows 10 x64, Ver 1903. This was an upgrade from WIndows 10 x32. When I setup the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom