[solved] No audio on certain codecs (1 Viewer)

alexanderfoti

Portal Member
July 15, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a USB sound card with SPDIF out into a Denon AVR-1909.

I have the LAV filters set to bitstream all codecs.

I have no issues with DTS, AAC, AC3 but when playing things with Dolby Digital plus (e-ac3) they do not bit stream via SPDIF
Oddly DTS-HD appears to work, but I do wonder if its downmixing that already (despite being ticked under bitstreaming)

I know this is a limitation of optical SPDIF and that I need to use the HDMI input on the Denon. Is there a way to downmix to dolby digital over SPDIF until the new graphics card arrives?

Thanks all

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Not to
    Hi all

I have a USB sound card with SPDIF out into a Denon AVR-1909.

I have the LAV filters set to bitstream all codecs.

I have no issues with DTS, AAC, AC3 but when playing things with Dolby Digital plus (e-ac3) they do not bit stream via SPDIF
    Oddly DTS-HD appears to work, but I do wonder if its downmixing that already (despite being ticked under bitstreaming)

I know this is a limitation of optical SPDIF and that I need to use the HDMI input on the Denon. Is there a way to downmix to dolby digital over SPDIF until the new graphics card arrives?

Thanks all

LAV Audio decoder can downmix multi-channel audio to Dolby Pro Logic II (see the 'Mixing' tab, as below) which is probably the easiest thing to do if this is a temporary situation. You might not need the 'Enable Mixing' box ticked - I can't remember if this is necessary.

upload_2018-10-20_19-28-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-20_19-21-11.png
      upload_2018-10-20_19-21-11.png
      25.6 KB

alexanderfoti

Portal Member
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks, I thought so too, but down-mixing to Pro logic 2 still gives no sound in these files with e-ac3, not quite sure why.

Users who are viewing this thread