no Back or Close buttons in My TV (1 Viewer)

vur

Portal Pro
January 18, 2008
Home Country
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP Home SP3
CPU Type: AMD 64X2 3800
HDD: WD 250 X 2 WD 750
Memory: 1G
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
Video Card: GeForce 6600 GV-NX66128DP
Video Card Driver: 182.06
Sound Card: Creative Audigy Value
Sound Card AC3: coax out
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.01.514
1. TV Card: Nebula DigiTV USB
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 504
2. TV Card: Leadtek DTV1000T
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 4.0.112.3218
3. TV Card: Leadtek W'fst DTV1000 S
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver: WinXPVista32 02/11/07
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17B
Cooling: 3 standard fans + custom CPU duct
Power Supply: Antec Phanton 500
Remote: none
TV: Projector EPSON TW-3000
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

How do you navigate around My TV if not using a remote? The old Back button (along with the other buttons of the Topbar) which was so handy in the old MP is gone and the Topbar buttons seem to disappear soon after starting to navigate. I am having to navigate variously by Rt.click, Leftclick, generally mousing over things etc. all of which work only sometimes.

My installation is all on default settings. I have experimented with the "Show special mouse controls" on and off.

Thanks

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if this is your problem but...

I found that the "topbar" plugin had somehow got itself disabled on my 1.0.2 install.

Running mp config in advanced mode and enabling the topbar again brought back the top bar controls.

vur

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks dale77. I looked in MP Config in Expert mode to see where to turn the Topbar on/off. Although I couldn't find the option (unless you mean the mouse option via General> 10th option down), I did look at the Keyboard shortcuts for the first time ever. Way back when I started into computers I discovered the Rightclick-context menu principle and have been a mouser ever since e.g. with MediaPlayer-Classic and I've never felt the need to use a remote.

Anyway, with MP it looks as if I will have to use the buttons and now I've tried Esc, Page Up and Page Down my navigation problems are over. :)

MediaPortal 1.0.2 MyTV is looking good thanks everyone. I like its responsiveness and the fact that it doesn't use those dvrms files which I found restrictive.

vur

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks dale77. I looked in MP Config in Expert mode to see where to turn the Topbar on/off. Although I couldn't find the option

Its in the plugins section, under windows plugins "Topbar".
    brilliant .. thanks dale77. Watching me hunt and peck around a keyboard is like watching grass grow.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi guys

Also worth noting that the topbar is not always visible when playing media. This problem was recently fixed and will be available in the upcoming 1.1.0 release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom