No c.d.key to install Gigabyte t.v.card (1 Viewer)

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Hi,I'm new to entering threads..just hope this is the correct way...my problem is that I bought a new laptop and wished to install a Gigabyte t.v. card that came with a dongle that I had bought previously...problem is that the c.d. key that came with the appliance has been lost..have contacted Gigabyte and they cannot help and suggested that I use mediaportal...trouble is ...I dont have a t.v. card installed .....my dongle is.....U8000USB 2.0..Hybrid Dongle[analog +digital]....any suggestions???thanks...philthy

canarygsr

Portal Pro
October 23, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
do you have the driver disc? if you can install the device on your laptop you can download and use mediaportal for free as the TV ap

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
thanks...do have .but no key to install

Hi canarygsr,and thanks for the answer...yes I have the tv card...just dont have the c.d.key to let me install it...thanks once again....philthyphil

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Thanks for the info owlsroost...it was just what I was looking for...unfortunately when I try to download Media portal it keeps coming up with "failed to install [MS SQL EXPRESS 205]...what am I doing wrong here...do I need to take out my firewall or spyware??....hoping to hear from you....thanks once again...philthyphil

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Tried downloading from Microsoft with the same result.....reckon I'll give up on trying to use my Gigabyte dongle and buy a new one...thanks for the support...philthyphil

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
Replies
Views
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Replies
Views
Good work guys!
Good work guys!
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Message sent. :) [edit: To be clear, I've said what to do in the private message that I sent.]
Message sent. :) [edit: To be clear, I've said what to do in the private message that I sent.]
Hi, New to MediaPortal. I'm aware this error is a popular one. I've read through many previous posts on this. I've tried the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom