No Channels found During Scan for Channels (1 Viewer)

HMiller

March 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Blue3Wide
Windows Version:
Vista SP1 x64, all automated Windows Updates
CPU Type:
e6300 core2duo
HDD:
Array: Dell Perc5i with Three WD 1.0 TB RAID Edition Drives
Memory:
6GB DDR2
Motherboard:
A8N SLI
Video Card:
Geforce 7300
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
Silicon Dust HDHomeRun
1. TV Card Type:
ATSC - North American Location
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have a situation where the HDHomeRun software tunes in all my channels and I can view TV using VLC Player, so I consider the tuner and tuner drivers to be working. Signal strength is good and TV programs look fine.

MP sees the HDHomeRun tuners and I can execute a channel scan, but no channels are ever found. So basically zero channels are available in TV-Server.

Here's the part where I confess what I have done: I installed the TV Server plugin on this server and it DID tune channels and allow viewing from a MP client. I wanted to test some things directly from the server, so added the MP Client via the MP installer.

While troubleshooting a different problem I did a full uninstall (including the SQL instance and all files per the full uninstall that MP provides) and put on the full Single Seat install of MP.

After this, I can't tune any channels in MP but have verified VLC plays channels from the HDHomeRun with no trouble.

I have reinstalled the HDHomeRun drivers and Media Portal (both Single Seat and TV Server only) a couple times to see if that would fix it but no luck.

I am kind of drawing a blank on what to try next? The tuner is working, and MP sees it and executes a channel scan but there is just nothing there.

I am thinking of trying the SVN install just for kicks, is this a waste of time? In general, I prefer to stay with the stable versions rather than SVN since this is my "production TV" for the household.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thought I would let anyone searching know I fixed my own problem. It was to do with the Windows BDA components.

To fix, run HDHomeRun Setup, support tab, reinstall Windows BDA components. Upon clicking reinstall, I got an error that the bdasup.sys file could not be found and had to browse to c:\windows\system32\drivers to locate it.

If they have a button for reinstalling, one supposes this must be something that happens from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom