No channels found scanning Echostar Sats despite full signal (1 Viewer)

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 (2006-10-21)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: P4C800-E (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
TV Card Model: Twinhan
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: Latest BDA driver
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: latest
Video Card Resolution: 1920x1080
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

When scanning Echostar satellites in MP setup program. I am receiving full signal strength and signal quality, but no channels are added/found to the channel list. From other forums it seems people are experiencing the same issues. This is the case for both 0.2.0 and 0.2.1

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Please read and seach the forums... this has been posted many times... BY ME. Currently the MP Streaming engine is not able to handle North american sats. This was being worked on by one of the guys in the forums but has either slowed down or stopped all together. He was waiting on the new TV engine.. and now that it's out in beta... I am hoping and praying that this issue will be fixed.

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    I did do a search... and found nothing in the bug reports forum, which I assumed was the proper area to get some of the developers attention and work done on it. For the threads that were found in the main forum, they were mostly dead threads with posts several months old and seemingly had no answers and no indication that anyone was working on getting a solution. So, I guess I thought it was worthy of a bug report to get the issue in front of the developers.

When it comes to the new TV engine, I guess I am a little unclear on where this fits into the solution. Is it currently able to scan the NA satellites?? If not, are the developers aware, and if so, is someone working on it?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The problem is... most of the developers are not here in the states, so they have no way of testing it. I am hoping that some of the guys in the past will start working on a solution becuase of the new TV engine beta.

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    The problem is... most of the developers are not here in the states, so they have no way of testing it. I am hoping that some of the guys in the past will start working on a solution becuase of the new TV engine beta.
    Well, in that case, what information would they need from those of us in the states in order to find a solution?? If it is true that the problem is they are in Europe, I doubt the release of the new TV engine will change much, because they will still have no access to testing it.

So, what we need to figure out is WHY it does not find the channels... in order to figure out what needs to be changed so that it can... and then get the application changed to support it properly.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Draktheas said this at one point in time.

"Thanks for the response. After talking with some of the other devs, it appears that the MediaPortal Stream Analyzer is not fully DVB compliant. Thus any North American providers are not going to work, because they may put SDT information for a particular program on a different transponder than the PAT and PMT information for that same program. According to the DVB specification, this is a perfectly acceptable practice. Unfortunately, the MPSA doesn't allow this case to work."

Too bad.. nobody can contact him right now... He's been MIA for ahwile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom