No Data Available - Do I Need XMLTV Plugin Activated Aswell? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have activated the WebEPG plugin in TV Server Configuration 1.1.0 and configured it as follows:

Grab Days: 14
Write programs to: TV Server database
Delete old programs before import: check
Mapped all relevant TV channels against the radiotimes grabber
\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG has a WebEPG.xml file with all my correctly mapped channels

I then saved the above and selected 'Grab now!'. Once the 'Grab status' displayed 'Finished grabbing.', I waited 10 minutes and opened up MP.

However, all my channels state 'No Data Available' in the Guide. Any idea where I may be going wrong with this? Do I need to undertake another step to get the EPG into MP? What logs would help you guys out here?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Please post all logs (both client and server). If this is a single seat setup, just use MP Debug Mode shortcut and use 3rd option.

PS: xmltv is not required for WebEPG. It is only supplied for those who actually get xmltv data from some external grabber.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    All logs attached. I have since noticed that 7 days of EPG is available for ALL channels, despite a handful not being mapped in WebEPG. This makes me thing that DVB EPG is somehow interfering and I have set something up incorrectly?

I appreciate you help arion_p.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You cannot have WebEPG and DVB EPG both enabled for the same channels (but you can have some channels use WebEPG and others use DVB EPG)

From the logs it appears the WebEPG is working properly. Depending on grabber it is sometimes not possible to grab data for the next few hours, so if your TV Guide was empty before the grab you may have to scroll a few hours in the future to see that the TV Guide has been populated. In any case WebEPG will never grab data for the past.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    It seems to have no populated the next 13 (not 14?) days. Will monitor it over the next couple of days and see if all is working. Thanks for the confirmation arion_p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom