No Data in tv guide - client. MSSQL database does have data though (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
TV-Server Version: 12-21-2007 01-37h Revision 16693
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 + 12-21-2007 01-37h Revision 16693
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Vista 32
CPU Type: AMD X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x SATA 2 - 160GB, 500GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 Cosair Value Select
Motherboard: ASUS M2NE
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia 570 Ultra
Motherboard Bios: 1202
Video Card: Nvidia 7600 GT
Video Card Driver: 163.75
Sound Card: Soundmax On Board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.01.6110
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4 / 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.63.01
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD-160
Cooling: Case FANS
Power Supply: Thermaltake 450
Remote: Dvico Supplied
TV: Samsung Rear Pro CRT SP52Q7HRX
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - 1920i

Hey All,

Having major issues with tv guide in client.

I am using a tvguide.xml file which gets updated daily. I've been using this xml file for last 9 months now with no major issues and have even been using it with a few of the more recent SVN's

However with my latest build, I am having major issues with tv guide.

I am getting either NO DATA displayed for every channel or I am able to get data for some channels but nothing for others even though the data is there in the database.

I found a way to temporarily fix the problem, I dont know which step fixes it but this is what I have been doing.

In client, I go into settings, MY TV, and then xmltv. I choose Australia and I notice it has already selected a matching channel by default. But I dont want to use any of this guide as I have the manual xml file.

I go into every channel which is mapped and delete the matching channel. So now there is no matching channels at all. I also see there is a button there called manual xmltv. I choose that sometimes but It doesnt seem to do anything.. But also I am wondering since I have installed the tv client plugin to mediaportal shouldnt all these settings be disabled since its suposed to be picking up tv guide info from the database?

Anyways the other steps I do is I uninstall / reinstall the tv client plugin. And also I go into tv server configuration and I have been playing around with ticking / unticking the option to delete old tv data before loading new.

And then I would do an import again and open up Media Portal client again..

Then it seems to work ok, I get tv guide data there.. but still I have many channels missing.. Even though I have looked in the database and there is data there for those channels.

At the moment I could probably be ok with this however the next time my tvguide.xml imports the next days data and its reimported again, the client again goes back to having NO DATA for every channel!!

So I havent seen any posts here about the problem or none listed against my SVN so I wish I knew if the problem was in the SVN itself and I could just install another.. Also I wish I knew if the problem was client related or server related but something tells me its probably the client.

please help!

Thanks!

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
I see you are from AUstralia. Have you tried this application that BIG_KEV has developed.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...v_server_only-t32166.html?p=216743#post216743

This works a treat for me where I am grabbing data from the tv stream for some channels and xml data for others that don't provide enough.

Thanks for the heads up. I might give this one a try but I still fear I will run into the same problems..

I dont have a problem getting the tv guide data into the TVLibrary database as I have confirmed the data is there..

Problem is, the client isnt retreiving this data..

That application just bypasses the tvguide.xml process and loads directly into the database which as far as I can tell is still working

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are you running TVServer and client on same machine? I have mine setup on different machines and after I install the client plugin, I just have to specify the IP Address or server name. I specify the IP Address as name resolution sometimes fail within windows itself.. (couldn't be bothered to troubleshoot). There are no settings for xmltv from the client side but like I said, I have a t PC setup. TV Cards in one and view from the other.

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2007
    Are you running TVServer and client on same machine? I have mine setup on different machines and after I install the client plugin, I just have to specify the IP Address or server name. I specify the IP Address as name resolution sometimes fail within windows itself.. (couldn't be bothered to troubleshoot). There are no settings for xmltv from the client side but like I said, I have a t PC setup. TV Cards in one and view from the other.

Yeah I am running client and server on same machine. Although I am running a different version of the client on another machine. I shall try that tonight and if see if the tv guide works.

Then I can rule out if its a client or a server issue. Sorry I should have thought of trying that before I posted.

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2007
    Can someone please help!!!

I have verified its not a client problem as I used the client on my remote machine which is running an earlier SVN but was working properly before with tv guide and it also has no data for any channel.

I uninstalled the client plugin and ran media portal only without being attached to a server, using same tvguide.xml file and the tv guide works fine!! Data displayed for weeks for every channel. So definitely not a client problem

So then I totally deleted the database, uninstalled the server and reinstalled the older version of the tv server which I was running previously and which also correctly displayed the tv guide.

And it wont work either!!

Please please help!!

I thought maybe something is wrong with the database.. I went in and queried the programs and verified there is definitely days and days of data there for all the channels. I verifed the channel ID in the program table matched the program id in the tuningdetail table so the data is related properly.

The channel names are matching exactly in tvguide.xml so no problems there
    just to make sure i deleted all the channels and rescanned them in but still nothing

At a last resort I uninstalled MSSQL and installed MYSQL and setup tv serverwith that.. no difference!! the data for the progams are sitting in the database properly but for some reason mediaportal client cannot read it?? Running server and client on same machine..

really really dont know what else to do.. about to reformat complete hard drive and start from scratch but really dont want to do this.

One thing I noticed is when I was able to get some data there for the tv guide, at least until the next import happens and it goes back to no data, it only displayed data for now and next only.. so maybe its just pulling this from the tuner card itself over the air not from tvguide.xml?

Please help!! Very annoying!!

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Definitely sounds like epg from the card issue. I know Channel 7 stop displaying their EPG about a week ago.

I have 2 other suggestions.

1. Turn EPG from card off. There is a section on the server called General - I think. In there there is a sub section for EPG grabbing. deselect it there for idle and also for timeshifting. I Did notice on mine that this does delete all epg but I think there is another section about only save for selected. Make sure this is selected and I think this will only delete the epg for the tv card grabed channels.

2. Also I read somewhere, that guides were not being shown because there was no genre in the database for it. It had something to do with adding genreID of zero and things could then be seen. I think it was in this post somewhere...https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/australian_tv_guide-t24047.html?t=24047&highlight=genre

jsut fo a search on genre in this thread and you should some extra info that may help out.

Good luck and merry Christmas.

Winno

Portal Member
    June 22, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    I've got exactly the same problem.....

Then I noticed the dates on the programs in TVGUIDE.XML.
    All the 2007 programs are now dated 2008 and the 2008 programs are dated 2009

Could be a bug in WEBEPG not handling the transition from 2007 to 2008 correctly
    ... or maybe Radio Times (who I grab from) is giving me the wrong dates?

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Winno, you are a genious. I opened up my TVguide.xml in a text editor and doen a search for start="200712 and replaced with start="200712 and the same for stop="200812 replaced with stop="200712. And now I have a lovely full EPG again, just in time for Xmas. Many thanks again Winno.

Kind regards,
    Kev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom