No DVD Resume Dialogue Box - MP1.1 (1 Viewer)

KeithT

March 24, 2010
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have just rebuilt my mediaportal PC with Windows 7 [32bit] and MP 1.1RC1.

Everything is good with the exception of the DVD resume. If at any time I stop a DVD I don't get the option to resume [no dialog box]. Resume works fine for any videos I have stored on local disk.

I am sure it something I have configured but can not find it. Note I am also running ANYDVD and DVD resume worked fine in MP1.0.2.

Only other settings I have changed are the autoplay setting in Windows itself. Most of these I have turned off.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
i am looking for the cure of this. i installed mp 1.1.0 rc1 on w7 32 and dvd does not resume from where i left it , i have to start all over and select the scene. i did not change anything its just working like that. any help will be apreciated.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I cannot totally confirm this behaviour on Windows 7 x64 (running MP RC1 / SVN 25080). Here I get the dialog fine:

dvd1.jpg

But...this is only if I access the DVD from "My Videos" by selecting the DVD-drive. Using "Play disc" from the main menu on "My Home" starts playback from the beginning.

I have disabled autoplay in Windows on all removable drives. Not that I think it makes any difference :)

joseosoria

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    thanks, i checked your method and i have now the same. i go to my videos and from there the dialog opens asking to continue from last point or not. i guess i'll do it from there until this gets fixed. thanks. i guess i will desable the dvd player in plugins.

nickotron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Confirming same behaviour on XP.

For the record I DON'T get offerred resume:
    - playing from DVD disc
    - playing a DVD image from the HDD using Moving Pictures

I DO get resume if I
    - play the same DVD image, using the Videos menu option. From there it works fine.

What's the difference? Same DVD experience (menus, etc), but going the Video route offers the Resume dialog?!

I'm using MP1.1RC4; XP; single seat install; generic MP DVD player and codecs.

Thanks.

N.

For completeness, not that I DO get resume, if I using Moving Pictures to play a .ts file or similar, but not when playing a DVD image in folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom