No EPG data for HD channels (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At this point in time should I be getting EPG data for the new DVBT2 HD channels in Germany. At present I'm using DVB EPG but it does not seem to work for the HD channels, see attached screenshot.

dvbepg.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The DVB-T2 dump you gave me back in July last year contains full EPG. Therefore I'd expect the problem is your grabber configuration. Please provide screenshots of your settings if you'd like assistance.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

The DVB-T2 dump you gave me back in July last year contains full EPG. Therefore I'd expect the problem is your grabber configuration. Please provide screenshots of your settings if you'd like assistance.
    Many thanks for the responses, screenshots attached.
    Please note, as a workarround, I have/do use the TV Movie EPG Import ++ plugin in addition as this allows me to map the HD channels (ZDF & Das Erste) to their SD ones but this merely populates the HD channel in the EPG with the SD data rather than actually grabbing the HD channel data. Also this is not possible for the other HD channels (with the free version of "Clickfinder TV Movie).
    With the TV Movie EPG Import ++ plugin disabled and the DVB EPG settings in the screenshots I do not get EPG data for the HD channels as per the screenshot in the OP.:(
    dvbepg1.jpg dvbepg2.jpg

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    screenshots attached.
    Hmmm, that doesn't look so good.

Is there a reason you've ticked/enabled "store data only for selected channels"?

The best strategy for the DVB EPG grabber is to:
    1. Disable the "grab EPG only for channels on the same transponder" option. (...which you've done (y) )
    2. Disable the "store data only for selected channels" options (both TV and radio).
    3. Select as few channels as possible (both TV and radio). The fewer the better. Normally you should only tick one channel per provider, or at most, one channel per transponder/transmitter/frequency/mux.
    According to your configuration (default), the idle grabber must grab for up to 10 minutes for each ticked channel. The more channels that you tick, the longer it may be before guide data is populated/updated... and if you tick too many, guide data for some channels may never be updated (the grabber starts over from scratch every 240 minutes, as configured).

...and as mentioned above: don't forget about the radio EPG grabber section! The grabber has to update both TV and radio channels. It can acquire the EPG data for TV channels when grabbing for a radio channel, and vice versa. Therefore according to the above strategy: normally you should disable the radio "store data only for selected channels" option and deselect all radio channels. Their data can come from grabbing for the selected TV channels.

In short: to me it looks like your grabber configuration is... "sub-optimal". :D

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here - but as the programs are always the same, the EPG is correct and complete ;)

Agreed and that means it is OK for recording too, but using the free version of TV clickfinder I do not have that option available for the other HD channels I have now or the new ones in the future. ;) Or am I missing something with the free version of TV Clickfinderor and/or is it possible to map, for example, Arte to Arte HD etc with DVB EPG??

Hmmm, that doesn't look so good.

Is there a reason you've ticked/enabled "store data only for selected channels"?
    No
    QUOTE="mm1352000, post: 1213065, member: 82144"]

The best strategy for the DVB EPG grabber is to:
    1. Disable the "grab EPG only for channels on the same transponder" option. (...which you've done (y) )
    2. Disable the "store data only for selected channels" options (both TV and radio).
    3. Select as few channels as possible (both TV and radio). The fewer the better. Normally you should only tick one channel per provider, or at most, one channel per transponder/transmitter/frequency/mux.
    [:D/QUOTE]
    OK will do and get back to you later, BTW sadly we have no DVBT radio stations, so the radio EPG section is empty.
    Thanks again for the advice:)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000 OK I have optimised my settings for the DVB EPG per your advice and it is now all working including the missing HD channels.:)(y)(y)
    It was not enough to check one channel per provider I had to check a channel for each frequency but even this was a lot less than having all checked.
    I am even seeing some partial (playing now and next) data on some but not all of the test channels so that is promissing for when they truely switch over.
    Thanks again for the help.:D

Users who are viewing this thread