No HD Audio in TMT3 or MP (1 Viewer)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    So i finally dumped a bunch of cash on a Onkyo HT-RC180 so i can get HD audio. I wasn't surprised that i didn't get a HD audio in MP thinking i'll have to configure it some where in the codecs. But then i tried it in TMT3 and still no HD Audio stream to my Onkyo all i'm getting is DTS 5.1.. man i was disappointed.

So this leads me to believe that is something in windows, anyone else came across this problem?

tried using optical and coax.

edit: found these articles

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s..._FAQ:_Blu-ray_and_HD_DVD_Audio_Explained/1064
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1179134&page=209

so it looks like optical and coax doesn't have the throughput for HD audio... and i'll have to spend some more money on a better ATi card...

edit: do you think my 4550 will bitstream or should i just upgrade? i have to wait until i get home to test..

MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Xfactor
    Windows Version: Win7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: Intel Duo E8400 3.0GHz
    HDD: Sata Drives 80GB and 6x 1TB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R
    Video Card: Asus ATI 4550
    Video Card Driver: latest
    Sound Card: Realtek
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
    HTPC Case: SilverStone GD01B-MXR
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec ATX12V
    Remote: iMon
    TV: Sony KDS-60A3000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    *update*

bought a ATi HD 5750 card
    have the latest realtek drivers 2.48
    ati drivers whatever comes with the catalyst 10.4 download
    the HDMI output on the receiver set to auto, works great with the receiver off everything works fine but when its on it only gets PCM 2.0 and occasionally the screen flickers like the refresh rate is changing or somthing.

in sound settings "supported formats" it shows all the HD encoded formats and sample rates....

tried using programs
    Powerdvd 10 and TMT3

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You need the latest version of TMT3 to support bitstreaming of HD audio.

Also sounds like you need to setup an EDID overide (google this and you will find the info).

Finally check you are plugged into HDMI1; some amps only work when connected up to this port.

Also check your settings in TMT3 are for HDMI passthrough.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    edit: do you think my 4550 will bitstream or should i just upgrade? i have to wait until i get home to test../quote]
    Oh and to answer this question... no ATI 4xxx cards can not bitstream HD audio. They can however output LPCM which is decoded multichannel audio...

Something I wrote a little while ago
    HD Audio FAQ - AVForums.com

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    You need the latest version of TMT3 to support bitstreaming of HD audio.

Also sounds like you need to setup an EDID overide (google this and you will find the info).

Finally check you are plugged into HDMI1; some amps only work when connected up to this port.

Also check your settings in TMT3 are for HDMI passthrough.

edid?!? i will...

yes i'm in HDMI1 and TMT3 is set to HDMI output.. but i'm also getting the problem in Powerdvd 10 Ultra..

i also clicked on configure speakers and set it up for 7.1 now my receiver is saying "MCH PCM 7.1"

edit: from what i'm finding EDID override fix is no longer needed if using catalyst 10.4

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    i also clicked on configure speakers and set it up for 7.1 now my receiver is saying "MCH PCM 7.1"
    This means you are sending decoded HD audio to your amp so basically there. IIRC in TMT3 there are options for HDMI output and HDMI passthrough. You need the passthrough option to get your amp to decode

edit: from what i'm finding EDID override fix is no longer needed if using catalyst 10.4
    Ok you are more up to date than me :)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    ZOMG!!! i has HD-audio in MP...

so i gave up messing with TMT3 and Powerdvd... could never get it to bitstream...

so then i strated playing with ffdshow... and low and behold i has HD AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!

its awesome............

the only thing that f'ing annoying is screen keeps flickering on and off when the receiver is powered on, maybe a refresh rate issue? but i will pay an entire movie without it cutting out once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom