No HD picture with MP 1.0 (2 Viewers)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just installed MO 1.0 over RC3. RC3 worked fine for me but I am having a problem with 1.0. I had exctly the same proglem with RC4 and reverted to RC3.

I cannot get a picture on an HD channel (BBC1 HD). I get sound - correctly presented as AC3, but just a blank screen. In setup/preview I get a white screen, in MP proper I get a black screen.

I repeat, everything was fine in RC3. I am using exactlty the same codecs and renderer (Cyberlink H.264 and EVR) and I have used Filmerit to check. I saved all my settings and imported them into 1.0.

As MP crashed when I switched from an SD channel to an HD, I have attached the logs.

I would really appreciate some help here as I do want to move to the final stable version. MP is delivering pretty much everyhting I want now

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I am using the PDVD8 decoder, and can watch BBC HD. I do not have EVR turned on (assume you are on Vista?)

If you do get it working - can you let me know if the picture breaks up for you after a set time period? For me, after an hour or so (depending on timeshift file size) the picture becomes stuck and stutters back and forth between a couple of frames.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't know the decoder you mention. Is it part of a purchased package you got? If not, where is it available?

Anyway, I doubt that this is my problem, because I never had a problem using RC3. Are you using 1.0?

I did get the stutter problem occasionally when viewing a high def recording. No particular pattern, though, and only briefly for a couple of frames.

Yes, I'm on Vista Home premium. I did try VMR9 in RC3 but I think that caused me problems - MP regularly crashed but when I switched back to EVR - no problem. I have tried VMR9 - no difference.

Quick update on my daft repy. My brain wasn't fully in gear. Of course I have the same decoder, just didn't recognise that description!

:oops:

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm still on RC4, i'll wait a while before subjecting the GF to another update ;)

I'm afraid other than that i have nothing to add. The Cyberlink decoder is all I use

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Since there doesn't seem to be any help here, I've now reverted to RC3.

I did a complete de-install (including dropping the databases) and installed RC3 clean. Re-imported settings and recorded programs.

HD is back with no problems, yet I am using exactly the same codecs and renderer as before.

I am running Vista Home Premium, SP1.

Is there anyone running MP 1.0 final on Vista with no problems - including HD broadcast display?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well almost all team members could join in and say "yes I can watch HD broadcasts just fine with Vista"...

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have the same issue with HD channels and have also had to revert to RC3. I spent much time and endured a lot of hassle from 'her indoors' desinstalling fully & reinstalling RC3 & final Rel 1 (several times). There is definitely an issue for HD channels with final release 1. I'm using XP sp3 and I tried several h.264 decoders with final release 1. None worked. But Cyberlink PDVD8 codecs do work with RC3. My main problem with RC3 is that the TVservice does not stop or restart reliably when going between standby/wakeup, even though this setting is switched on.

I forgot to say that watching TV channels including HD is fairly reliable as long as I manually restart the TV service first.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm really glad it's not just me! I too have had a lot of "comments" about the amount of time (and loss of viewing of programs previously recorded in HD) I have spent on this.

Perhaps the successful Vista user would be kind enough to say whether he changed any of the settings when upgrading. I have strong suspicion that the issue is in rendering, not codec.

I also get the feeling when browsing through Forum that many users are still on XP, not Vista.

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    It would appear that this issue is not platform specific, if you are on Vista and I am on XP. Maybe someone can point us to what changed between RC3 and Final Release 1?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'm a vista (ultimate x64) user & have this working just fine with latest SVN, using floppy S2 with cam & all HD channels plays fine(with PDVD8 for video & ffdshow for audio), but it's a bit hard to say when non of you lists system specs & what tuner used & where source it's from.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom