No images are downloaded from thetvdb.com (1 Viewer)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried it with the last stable version and the latest test version.

All shows are proper identified and even the fanart, banner or episode image names are pulled from thetvdb.com, but they are never downloaded. Instead I have a 43 bytes file for each image with the filename from thetvdb.com. On closer inspection this file is a transparent gif.

I tried it with a fresh install of MediaPortal under Vista and XP. Same result. I also disabled all firewall and anti-virus software. Still nothing gets downloaded.

The log itself also doesn't show any downloading or error information on debug level. It's like instead of trying to download the identified artwork a transparent gif is used.

Any suggestions?

I found the issue. It's my installed Adblocker that interferes. I put thetvdb.com on the White List and now it works.

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Do you have any ant-banner software? Kaspersky Antivirus? If so, you'll have to add thetvdb site to "trusted" or "white list"
    Try to choose "Air date" sorting instead of "DVD order"

Quotacious

Portal Member
    October 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the exact same thing. It's part of the Anti-Spy > Anti-Banner function in Kaspersky.
    :D

Fade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Bumping this, still doesn't work. But switching the - for a / in a browser works as sogge said.

something that's need fixing perhaps ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom