No INET access @ home, can I import the xtvd xml file? (1 Viewer)

dxInt

August 24, 2006
Hi, my computer that has my tuner card has no internet access whatsoever, but I would really love to have the epg information available. I live in north america, so I use Zap2It, and there are many tools available for downloading their tv listings (here is just one: http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=17 ).

If I download the tv listings xml file from a computer with internet access can I put it in a certain directory or name it a certain thing so Media-Portal can use it?

Is this a uncommon feature or is it something I can do with other programs?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    You need an xml file that is formatted in xmltv format. If that zappy-zap thingy of yours produces that format than u can simply copy it to the xmltv subdirectory (or whatever directory you specify as xmltv-dir in configuration) and mediaportal should auto import it (to be save, bring up the dialog and manually select import).

If you get a different format in your xml you may wanna look for a tool to convert one to the other.

Alternatively, if you have dvb card you may get the epg over the signal, and thus not require any net acess at all.

Hope this helps
    Inker

dxInt

August 24, 2006
    Thanks Inker :D

I understand perfectly, now I must find a prog that will download the EPG data in that xmltv format. The one I was using was using the xtvd format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom