No mini video on Weather in BasicHome Horizontal Style 2 (1 Viewer)

AcesHigh

Portal Member
August 12, 2010
This is a very minor issue I’ve noticed (and hopefully an easy fix).

You have video or TV playing and you go back to BasicHome (horizontal style 2 – menu and ticker at bottom of sceen), the video will continue playing in the small box on the lower right. If you go left or right along the BasicHome menu, the small video will be there for every menu item except the Weather. Video disappears but audio continues.

This happens with both the “static” weather background and also the “dynamic – weather linked” backgrounds.

Once again, not a big issue but maybe an easy fix. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did try to search for it.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a very minor issue I’ve noticed (and hopefully an easy fix).

You have video or TV playing and you go back to BasicHome (horizontal style 2 – menu and ticker at bottom of sceen), the video will continue playing in the small box on the lower right. If you go left or right along the BasicHome menu, the small video will be there for every menu item except the Weather. Video disappears but audio continues.

This happens with both the “static” weather background and also the “dynamic – weather linked” backgrounds.

Once again, not a big issue but maybe an easy fix. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did try to search for it.
I turn off the video overlay on the weather option as the weather images overwrite the video, just checked and was a bit too keen as there is enough room on that menu style for both.

This has been fixed and will be in the next patch.

thx

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    It's possible that this is done intentionally because if you have the 5 day forecast on your basic home screen there isn't room for the video preview as well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    It's possible that this is done intentionally because if you have the 5 day forecast on your basic home screen there isn't room for the video preview as well.

Yes, but for horizontal there is enough room so we have fixed it for that.

claimui

Portal Member
    August 25, 2010
    It would be nice to have a fix for people who aren't using the 5-day forecast as well. I recently noticed that the weather indicator in the top right corner is also missing on the Weather page. It's a little ironic that I can see the weather on every menu item except for Weather!

Or maybe I'm the only one not using the 5-day forecast? It is just too cluttered for my taste -- spoils the nice scenery of the backdrop. :)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    It would be nice to have a fix for people who aren't using the 5-day forecast as well. I recently noticed that the weather indicator in the top right corner is also missing on the Weather page. It's a little ironic that I can see the weather on every menu item except for Weather!

Or maybe I'm the only one not using the 5-day forecast? It is just too cluttered for my taste -- spoils the nice scenery of the backdrop. :)
    Good point, then summary should only be hidden if using full 5 day weather, will fix it for the next patch.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    S Mini Display MP 1.24 no Volume OSD no action for keys Mini Display 0
    F Mini EPG more information? WMC Skin 4
    G [solved] Mini EPG purpose? General 2
    frankteb [solved] Suche Mini ITX Board für einen Client Mainboards/CPU/RAM 3
    zunixnuz TV Mini-EPG long text cropped on bottom side Titan Skin Feedback 0
    N [not reproducible] Online videos not working at all Submit: Bug Reports 1
    R Bug: Video Folders disappear General Support 11
    Stephen O'Kane [SOLVED] TV Stream stuttering - both Video and Audio Watch / Listen Media 14
    B some music videos stutter Watch / Listen Media 0
    I 1.25.0 Videos in HEVC UHD 2160p don't play good watch/edit Videos 8
    CanadianEh MP TV server rebuild with Colossus 2 - Kodi clients receive PMT error when playing videos recoreded by Colossus 2 TV-Server 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Skinning Online Videos question OnlineVideos 2
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    O 1.25.0 Codecs and Video Format for PlayStation 2 Codecs, External Players 0
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    I Video Playback Stuttering General Support 45
    B some videos jerky Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    T Kurze Tonaussetzter bei Videos und TV Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    ajs [Proposal] Video embedded cover MediaPortal 1 1
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    R kein Ton bei TV, Video, Aufnahme, Musik Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0