MPEG2 Audio Codec: nvidia pure video
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13.0°E
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20M
Power Supply: Silverstone Fanless 300W
Remote: iMon
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video
Single seat setup

Hi all,
I'm trying to use again the TV server 3 that after latest changes should be really really time to use it and not only test.
Before I have updated the SkyStar2 drivers with the BDA version and everything still fine in 2.2 SVN version.
Then, installed again TV servser 3 following the wiki (after SQL Express ofcourse) but at first run, even if the connection with the database it's fine (I've tried MySQL also now) the server it's not found (no server - no cards in list).
I've already tried time ago the tv server and this step was fine. Can be be BDA driver mix-up ?

No firewall - antivirus etc intalled.
TV server Service is running.....

Thanks for the help and for the great product !
Daniele

dareh

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Alcalá de Henares
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi Donbogo
After a few days of enjoying a working installation of tvserver , I updated last saturday the same way I have been doing before , and suddenly I met the same problem you have: no tvservers, although everything else is working ok (tvservice, database connection etc...), our systems are very similar, I have also 4.4.1 bda drivers in the skystar 2.
I have uninstalled and deleted everything and reinstalled again the tvserver doesn't come back any more.
Mediaportal 0.2.2.0 + latest svn is working flawlessly.

When I get home I'll try disabling the ss2. and reinstalling sql and tve3 and let you know what happen.

Thanks.
Dareh.

fyx

Portal Member
March 28, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey Guys i am having the same problem, i changed my computers name and it seemed to mess the whole system up. At this point i decided to remove all the installed components (sql server etc, tvserver) and start fresh. This leaves me with exactly the same problem of no tvservers found but the connection to the SQL server seems to be fine.....

Real annoying :(

DonBogo

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hey Guys i am having the same problem, i changed my computers name and it seemed to mess the whole system up. At this point i decided to remove all the installed components (sql server etc, tvserver) and start fresh. This leaves me with exactly the same problem of no tvservers found but the connection to the SQL server seems to be fine.....

I solved my problem with a complete windows re-installation.
It was already planned and after many test has been the only solution.
(also others software didn't found correctly the BDA cards - so maybe more Windows related).

Now all perfect !

Daniele

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This leaves me with exactly the same problem of no tvservers found but the connection to the SQL server seems to be fine.....

Check your Profile's Application Data path for the gentle.config and check whether the "source=<database path>" is correct.

mmf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Same Problem here -> checked the file, source path is ok. Really an annoying problem :D

Same driver also: BDA 4.4.1 RC2 Skystar 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom