Codecs No MPEG audio whilst watching TV w/ LAV 0.45? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

As topic says, I have LAV audio selected for all my TV Codecs, and it works fine except for channels broadcasting MPEG audio, I just get silence.

I am using the SPDIF optical out of my motherboard to my AV receiver.

Any advice on how to start trouble shooting? I have also tried selecting the MPC decoder in my MP config for TV -> Mpeg Audio, but I still get no audio?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    Now also tried the Microsoft Decoder in TV-> MPEG / AC3 audio decoder. Thats all the three codecs I have installed and none give me any audio?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Either windows sound muted or not using "default directsound as audio rendenderer.

Use alt-enter with MP fullscreen to go to windowed mode, then play tv and check mixer by right clicking on sound icon.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Alt + Enter - windowed mode switcher?! I can't believe I never noticed that shortcut before!!

So Ive done what you say and in the mixer I have Realtek Digital Output. System Sounds and Mediaportal. There is audio playing as the indicator is up and down in the mediaportal mixer and like you say the speaker at the bottom of the mixer for Mediaportal has a red x on it. But clicking on it does not unmute?
    I checked in MePo config and default direct sound device is selected as the audio renderer.

How do I un mute it?!

Thanks Ray

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok, so I played a channel with DD and it let me unmute.. Weird. Another funny thing is that when DD is playing, none of the mixers show any activity but the audio is playing ok?

Anyhow, we have audio on all channels again, not sure how that happened, must of pressed something accidentally at some point recently.

Thanks alot for the help your a star :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Windows is only handling the mpeg audio by the sound of it, DD is being handled by your receiver, glad its now sorted, always one to remember, if only to help someone else :D

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ahh yes, I stream DD and DTS with LAV. I guess its not possible to do that with MPEG then. I dunno how you remember all this stuff. Hard work sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom