No option to view live TV post 4TR install (1 Viewer)

rjanderson

September 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Okay, another newbie question. I've been having fun with mediaportal over the last week (the latest RC), and everything's been running well enough to start tinkering. So, I've downloaded and installed 4TR on my master tvserver, along with the management console and web access and switched over from EPG to xmltv. All works well and it's scheduling programs succesfully.

I've also installed the 4TR plugin on my client only install, opting to replace MyTV. This also works, (recorded tv doesn't show stuff recorded before the 4TR install, but I can live with that), with the one major exception. I've got no idea how to view live tv! Going into the guide seems only to allow you to record programs, even if they are currently being broadcast.

Am I missing some mapping (I'm using the recent MCE remote), or just being incredibly thick somewhere?

Be gentle!

Thanks,

Rob

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The next Version of 4TR (1.3) offers a complete replacement of the TV-Part (should be available in a few weeks. Beta-test are running to find the last glitches). With Version 1.2.1 you have to stick with the MP-TV Part, if you want Live-TV (meaning, you have to disable the "Replace TV"-Option of the MP-4TR-Plugin). For now you can change the mapping of the remote and of the MyTV-Skin, to jump from there to the 4T-Guide or Recoding-List. Will post a link how to do this, just need to find it.

Edit:
Change Remote Button
Change Skin
Before change make a Backup of the Files. Or wait for 1.3, there is no change needed.

rjanderson

September 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Many Thanks for such a complete reply Bussiebaer, the links look like a perfect stop-gap until 1.3

Also glad it wasn't just be being blind :D

:D

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom