No OSD when changing channel (1 Viewer)

magnus

Portal Member
June 15, 2007
TV-Server Version: SVN 16582
MediaPortal Version: SVN 16582
MediaPortal Skin: Blue/XFace/Replicant
Windows Version: Vista Profesional

When Im changing the channel i expect to get an OSD with information about the channel name and some epg info but nothing happens. The channel changes but no OSD appears, this used to work in previous versions! Also, when I press the "i" button on my MCE-remote i used to get an OSD with epg information about the program etc but now i get nothing. However, if i push the "i" button twice i get the "next" menu that I got before (with some options about Crop settings, Program guide etc).

Does anyone know why this strange behaviour occurs? Its the same behaviour no matter what skin im using!

Please help.

//Magnus

retro

Portal Pro
February 10, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Was just about to start a thread on this myself..so, same problem here, OSD gone.
Osd for subtitles and audiotrack gone as well.

magnus

Portal Member
June 15, 2007
My previous version was a combination of 0.2.3 (stable version) and the TVE3 SVN 16542 from 11-17-2007. That version didnt work very well for me, thats why i upgraded to the latest svn, this version is better but the OSD is gone. Also, when i reinstalled i did a complete uninstall and delete of the folder in "program files" but saved the settings in "program data" (running vista). Also I have tried to delete the chache etc etc.

//Magnus

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am not aware of any OSD popping up automatically when changing channel.
    It should however appear when u hit the Info key.
    This is working here at least.

so could you try and elaborate a bit more.

of course if u hit the "0" key u get the last channel which triggers a small OSD.
    same goes for channel up/down.

/gibman

retro

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you both saying that this problem was introduced in SVN 16582?

Can't really say, because I went from a very well working 0.2.3 RC3/TVE3 SVN 16362 installation. This one is still the best MP-version I've tried and the one I'm considering "stable"..:)
    So, I left that one alone and installed 0.2.3 Final/TVE3 SVN 16582 on a separate, fresh partion on my harddrive. Actually, after getting this OSD-problem, I installed it separately on TWO partions to see if I made an error somewhere, but no..

I am not aware of any OSD popping up automatically when changing channel.

Really..? While I'm no veteran regarding MP, I have always had a small osd popping up in the lower left corner when I change channel. It displays current/next program and channelicon.

It should however appear when u hit the Info key.

Nada here. Always worked before.

Should also add that I'm running Win XP Pro SP2 with all updates. Since Magnus is running Vista this doesn't seem to be OS-related.

mask

Portal Member
    May 19, 2007
    Same problem here

Hi,

I have the same problem here: No OSD when using ProgramUp and Down, neither with the Info button.
    Don't know exactly from which SVN build this problem started, but it seems to be Plugin related.
    Now running SVN 16587 TV service with SVN 16552 plugin (then the OSD works), but I know that SVN 16576 has this problem also.
    Upgrading or downgrading the MediaPortal SVN does not change anything.

Hope this helps you further...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now running SVN 16587 TV service with SVN 16552 plugin (then the OSD works), but I know that SVN 16576 has this problem also.
    Shouldn't you always have the same SVN for both the server and the plugin?

magnus

Portal Member
    June 15, 2007
    I tried to change the plugin version and now I get the OSD when changing channels...

//Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom