No scheduled resume from standby for recording (1 Viewer)

ggb

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
after searching in the forum i can't find any solutions for my problem. Mediaportal willl not record anything. The PC is not resuming from standby. Thats why there is no logging.

I did a fresh install of Vista premium. Downloaded mediaportal 1.0 and use the codecs ffdshow and Cyberlink powerdvd. Everything works fine except recoding from standby. My motherboard (asus P5Q) is set to S3 only. Recording still doesn't work. Does anyone of you have an idea?

Charly_Brown

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2008
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

have you configured powerscheduler?
    How do you put mediaportal into standby?

Please also post the logs of TV-Server

Thanks

BR

Charly

ggb

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply Charly

Yes i have configured Powerscheduler (all settings are default except the option reinitialize tv-server on resume).
    Stand-by is activated by an MCE remote controle.

Gerwin

P.s. tv server logs are added on the original post.

Charly_Brown

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2008
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Gerwin,

I think that you have the same problem as I have, if you use the option reinitialize TV when running your system on Vista. See this thread. Please make sure that inside powerscheduler the option "wakeup on various events" is ticked.
    If you think your problem matches my description, let me know. If you like I will send you a modified TV-Service.

BR

Charly

Dyfa

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have the same (or at least similar) problem.

Powerscheduler works fine, as long as I don't put the system in standby with my remote.

If I put the system in standby via MP's menus, Powerscheduler wakes the system to record. No problems. Same if I let Powerscheduler take the system down automatically (after x minutes).

But, if I press the powerbutton on my MCE remote (which is set to standby in Windows settings) Powerscheduler does not wake the system up to record.

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do about it? My kids tend to press the off button on the remote every time, which leads to missed recordings, which leads to an angry missus. :D

Kind regards,
    Daniel.

ggb

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very good news.

Thank you guys for a very good program!!!

Gerwin

Charly_Brown

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2008
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mr. Hipp,

I checked the last SVN and the problem is IMHO not addressed (I only see a fix for the problem of list corruption), as it does not solve the problem that during execution of the various power-event-handlers the first executed power-event-handler is the one of TV-Service itself. And if "Reinitialize service" is ticked, all plugins are deregistered by tv-service and therefore the power event handlers of the plugins are no longer called. In my thread I have inserted a solution for the problem which is a working solution (and it increased the WAF dramatically :D).

BR

Charly

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To all.
    The behavior for XP systems & Vista Systems when it comes to MCE power off button(suspend/hibernate) is:
    In XP TV-Server can cancel the power off command & continue to check when it should wait etc & then continue a controlled power off event.
    In Vista you simply can't prevent it & therefor TV-Server sometimes can't check for what to wake up for & therefore doesn't wake up later when expected.

So for Vista users, TV-Server needs to control the power off event & that means do not use power off button on remote(it can be worked around but for now, it's not done & i don't know when it will be).

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom