[NVIDIA] no signal on TV when MediaPortal returns from sleep mode. (1 Viewer)

wazm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2008
    Bathurst
    Home Country
    I have run into a weird problem. I am running V1.02 client only on a PC running win 7 64 bit. The video card is a Gigabyte 9500 GT and after a reload of everything, the TV now has no signal when the PC comes back from sleep mode. If the PC is turned off or restarts then everything is fine. I have tried reloading the video driver and even downloaded the latest driver and still have the problem. Everything was fine till my son decided to hold in the power button while the PC was going into sleep mode and corrupted the drive. I restored a backup that had everything on it except VNC and MediaPortal software and found this problem. As I said though, returning from sleep mode was fine prior to the rebuild. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? :confused:

Thanks

Warren

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No Win 7 experience (I run Vista), but I'd check the monitor power settings first, then try disabling the nVidia driver service (in msconfig).

Can you get the picture back after sleep at all (other than by a reboot) ?

If the TV is actually turned on when the PC resumes, does it work OK ?

Tony

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have run into a weird problem. I am running V1.02 client only on a PC running win 7 64 bit. The video card is a Gigabyte 9500 GT and after a reload of everything, the TV now has no signal when the PC comes back from sleep mode. If the PC is turned off or restarts then everything is fine. I have tried reloading the video driver and even downloaded the latest driver and still have the problem. Everything was fine till my son decided to hold in the power button while the PC was going into sleep mode and corrupted the drive. I restored a backup that had everything on it except VNC and MediaPortal software and found this problem. As I said though, returning from sleep mode was fine prior to the rebuild. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? :confused:

Thanks

Warren

This is a very common Nvidia driver bug. See this thread, you may need to roll the driver back a few versions to get it to work…

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...power-up-sequence-issue-hdmi-detection-60706/

wazm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2008
    Bathurst
    Home Country
    Thanks for everyone's help with fixing this. I kept loading and unloading drivers till I found one that worked and finally got one from the Gigabyte website that works perfectly! :D

wazm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2008
    Bathurst
    Home Country
    I guess the lesson from this is a simple one. I was trying all different drivers from Nvidia and had no luck so I went looking on the Gigabyte site and found their latest driver for my card and it worked. Why there should be a difference to the one from Nvidia I haven't a clue but I guess there must be something.

So which driver version worked (for the benefit of others reading this) ?

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To me it looks like some manufacturers are tweaking drivers specifically for ther own cards, if I do a search on the nvidia website for my gt220, and search for previous drivers 190.45 does not show up, it is just bypassed, there are driver versions either side, but not that particular one.

Also if you read the Nvidia website driver posts, there are lots of people in the same boat :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom