No signal when enter myTV for the first time (1 Viewer)

gfrastsacker

October 1, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3_RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
HDD: Samsung MP0804H
Memory: 512Mb DDR PC2700
Motherboard: Uniwill 258KA0 (Amilo A1630)
Motherboard Chipset: SIS755
Motherboard Bios: 1.04
Video Card: Radeon Mobility 9700 128MB
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 Audio
1. TV Card: MSI Digivox mini-II
1. TV Card Type: USB DVB-T Doggle
1. TV Card Driver: 1.4.0.451

Hi,
I have one big problem with my dvb-t card.If i start mediaportal and enter mytv and enable tv (or when it is enabled automatically) the tv window keeps black. No Video no audio. So when i disable tv and reenable it again tv works perfectly. So why does this only happen the first time tv is enabled :confused: . I searched in the mediaportal log and found out that the first time media portal wants to tune a channel this happens:

DVBGraph:TuneChannel done signal strength:0 signal quality:0 locked:False

when reenabled i get this:

DVBGraph:TuneChannel done signal strength:77 signal quality:100 locked:True

This happens with ALL mediaportal versions i know and on any of my pc's (testet since version 0.2.0 and on 3 pc's)

It seems media portal has a problem to tune any channel at the first time.

please help me :(

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you have the latest BDA drivers for your TV card installed - the problem sounds like a driver issue?

gfrastsacker

October 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thank you for your fast answer
    yep ...the latest driver is installed. 1.4.0.451 is the latest version on the msi webpage: Link
    and it's also the same version which i have on cd. I think my card is OEM version of a Lifeview card because this name appears under manufacturer in the driver properties. I havn't found any Lifeview driver which work with my card but if anyone has another driver for my card please tell me :).

The DVB-T program on my driver cd (DTV) works fine and don't have this bug but i wan't to use mediaportal because it's the best TV prog i have ever seen.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Is it possible to make sure you are using either USB 0 or 1 for connecting this, as they are the primary usb connections and sometimes using other ports may give problems.

I know you said it works fine in it's own software, but it's amazing what manufacturers do to kickstart there drivers.

gfrastsacker

October 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you for your suggestion :D but sadly that wasn't the problem . i've tried every USB port (3) on my notebook and the problem occurs on my home pc's as well. I restarted the system and added the card new before i tried it but same problem...

i found an older driver( 1.04.001) from Lifeview (TV Walker Cruise) link which work with my card but also the same problem.

Is it possible to start the driver before MP starts? I don't think that it is a timing problem because when i don't reenable the TV i can wait until christmas to see anything. The only thing i get is a huge MP log file that the tuner isn't locked and no signal is detected.

dnasini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Hi,
    I'm experiencing the same problem with my FloppyDTV :( The first time I access to the TV, it doesn't work and present a "no signal" message. I found two workarouds:

1) tune on MTV, wait for the stream and then tune on all other channels
    2) go into the MP configuration menu, select television an then open a DVB-S channel, navigate the menu, exit the configuration and restart MP

I'm not using TVServer and this is what happen in my Mediaportal.log:

Open MyTv and tune on FOX, I get the error message "no signal" and a black screen

[Info.][6]: FireDTV: Set H/W pid filtering count:12 len:60
    [Info.][6]: FireDTV: Set H/W pid filtering pid dvbs: data:0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 ...
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:0 signal quality:0 signal present:False locked:False
    [Info.][6]: DVBDemuxer:Fox audio:90D video:90C teletext:D83 pmt:105 subtitle:0 program:9474
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: VMR9 stopped quality:0 strength:0 locked:False fps:0
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraph: wait for tunerlock
    [Info.][MPMain]: Notify Message:Fox, Nessun segnale!
    [Info.][MPMain]: Notify Message:Fox, Nessun segnale!
    <---- the error is in italian language
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraph:TuneChannel done signal strength:37 signal quality:37 locked:False

tune on MTV and get the stream after 2 seconds

[Info.][6]: FireDTV: Set H/W pid filtering count:11 len:60
    [Info.][6]: FireDTV: Set H/W pid filtering pid dvbs: data:0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 ...
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:83 signal quality:83 signal present:True locked:True
    [Info.][6]: DVBDemuxer:MTV audio:1A0 video:A4 teletext:1DA pmt:455 subtitle:0 program:11426
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: VMR9 stopped quality:83 strength:83 locked:True fps:0
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraph:TuneChannel done signal strength:83 signal quality:83 locked:True

I tune back to FOX and now I get the stream

[Info.][6]: FireDTV: Set H/W pid filtering count:12 len:60
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: signal strength:84 signal quality:84 signal present:True locked:True
    [Info.][6]: DVBDemuxer:Fox audio:90D video:90C teletext:D83 pmt:105 subtitle:0 program:9474
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraphBDA: VMR9 stopped quality:84 strength:84 locked:True fps:0
    [Info.][6]: DVBGraph:TuneChannel done signal strength:84 signal quality:84 locked:True

Any Idea about that?

Any kind of support or suggestion is really appreciate

Thank you
    Daniele

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom