No signal when tunning to HDHomerun (1 Viewer)

OleDK

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

I just bought a HDHomerun tuner, and working on setting it up with MP.

I can tune channels with the HDHomerun SW, and also watch the channels with their QuickTV.

I get access to 42 channels, and have used the HDHomerun SW to give me the frequencies, QAM, and Symbolrate for the DVB-C channels. This I have entered into a xml file under the TVServer tuningparameters.

The TVServer finds the HDHomerun, but when I try to scan for channels (using my xml-file where I can see TVServer reads the data correctly) TVServer cannot find anything. It reports "no signal" at all the frequencies.

What can be wrong?

I have attached log-files and system data.

OleDK

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: XP with SP3
CPU Type: Intel Celeron 2.66GHz
HDD: Samsung 250GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS
Video Card: ATI HD 4600
Video Card Driver: 8.62-090520m1-082154E-ATI
Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy 4
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 1300
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: HDHomerun
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC, ATI, Haupaauge, ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Noname
Cooling: fan
Power Supply: NA
Remote: Hauppauge 45 buttons
TV: Mirai
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi OleDK

This one has had me puzzled. Today I remembered something a SiliconDust rep once told me:

The BDA system doesn't suit US channels; it works with the analog video carrier frequency which is -1.75 MHz from the center. The HDHomeRun compensates for that and adds 1.75 MHz to the frequency specified. For example, for US cable channel 71, center frequency is 507000000 Hz but you should be tuning 505250000 Hz.

Based on that information I would suggest that you try your frequencies with 1.75 MHz offsets added and subtracted. For example, with the first frequency that you tried (346000 kHz), I would try 344250 kHz and 347750 kHz.

Let me know if that doesn't work out for you...
    mm
    :)

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for the feedback. It did unfortunately not solve the problem. I will try to ask in HDHomeruns forums to see if they have a solution.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know if you did a search on the forums, but there was some discussion about setting your free-to-air flag for each channel manually after a scan. I had to do this, but there was a simpler solution that I heard talk about, but I had already fixed it in my setup. MP found all the channels but they were all disabled, so editing each channel tuning detail to set the free-to-air was all I needed.

Other than that ... I don't have a clue. I'm using OTA ATSC only with 2 HDHomerun units, both working well with MP. I didn't have to do any tricky xml stuff.

Chuck

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My mistake. I had the frequency scaled wrong with a factor of 1000. With the right frequencies in the tunning file it works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom