"No Signal" with DirecTV Serial Control Plugin?? (1 Viewer)

mysticalrage

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Ypsilanti, MI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The problem is: When I use My TV, everything works as normal, picture and sound are just fine. But, when I go to change the channel, it'll sit there for a minute and then I get the error message "no signal." After that it goes back to normal picture and sound.

I have been using mediaportal now on my htpc for a couple weeks and with a lot of trial and error, I just got a lot of it configured that way I like it. A few days ago, I decided to start out with fresh installs of everything and reinstalled windows and all of my other drivers and software. I figured I could just adjust all of my setting and be back to normal pretty easily. Apparently I was wrong!! I have been screwing around with this now for 2 1/2 days and I can't get it figured out! I've tried different svn's all that way back to 4-15. I've also tried nearly every combination of settings in the directv control plugin.

I'm guessing this has to do with the directv serial control plugin, which, like I said, worked fine before, and the DTVControl application works fine now also. It seems to be some kind of internal problem.

Thanks for any help in advance!!

TV-Server Version: N/A
MediaPortal Version: latest svn
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Home SP2
CPU Type: Intel CoreDuo 3.0Ghz
HDD: Seagate 250gb
Memory: 1gig PC5400
Motherboard: MSI PM8PM-V
Motherboard Chipset: Via P4M800 Pro
Video Card: ATI All-in-Wonder 9600
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.4
Sound Card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: ATI All-in-Wonder 9600
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Catalyst 7.4
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia PureAudio
Satelite/CableTV Provider: DirecTV
HTPC Case: nMEDIAPC 200BA
Cooling: ZEROtherm CF800 & Lots fans
Power Supply: Eagle Tech Coolpower400
Remote: Universal w/HIP & MCE Receiver
TV: 32" Magnavox
TV - HTPC Connection: Component

Vaaish

Portal Member
June 19, 2006
Greenville, SC
Home Country
I think the latest SVN's broke the serial control plugins, I'm having a similar issue with the motorola serial control one too. They seem to work fine under 2.2 final though.

mysticalrage

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Ypsilanti, MI
Home Country
I'm not sure.. I can't get any of the other recent svn's to work. I haven't tried the stable release with it yet though. I figured if I kept screwing with it I'd end up throwing the computer out the window or something... I haven't touched it in a day or so.

I had hoped someone would be able to decipher the log files for me. I don't really know what I'm looking at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom