No smooth playback of live TV (1 Viewer)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
OK, so went digging some further:
The LAV codec version I had was 0.63.0
The latest version on github was 0.68.1 and in the changelog there was this:
"Fixed: Some progressive files could report the wrong FPS when software deinterlacing was turned on
Fixed: MPEG-2 streams using "intra refresh" did not decode properly" (that is the .ts stream, right?)

So I installed (=overwriting the files) in the LAV codec subdirectory on HDD and rebooted. I also put all codecs in MP2 back to LAV codec.

Some slight improvement, but barely noticeable. Still audio out of sync and stuttering/blocking and drooped FPS in all modes (default, vsync, max performance)
When I skipped the recording a bit (like +30sec), it took about 5 sec of stuttering, and then usually there is 15 sec of smooth playback. F10 confirms this. Could there be some buffering issue?
Also the fps drooping etc... happens in normal GUI when I look at the list of recorded programs and not moving the mouse at all...

I still haven't got around to GraphEdit, but surely this is not a codec issue.

scowie

May 14, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The ReClock tool mentioned here in the troubleshooting wiki might help, it worked with my flickering problem.

Instructions:
Download and install the latest ReClock (v1.8.8.5).
Run the 'Configure Reclock' shortcut on the desktop and on the Audio tab at the bottom check: Accept bitstream formats. (everything else can be left on defaults)
In MP2 menus go to Settings -> Players -> Codecs -> Audio Renderer -> Audio Renderer -> check: ReClock Audio Renderer

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
@scowie:
Thanks for the tip. I read about it before, but that troubleshooting wiki is from the MP1 manual and I am using MP2. (Yes I know it is very similar, but probably I ditched the idea when I read MP2 has "built in" vsync...

In this thread they mentioned some issues with bitstreaming the AC-3 audio (I am using my Onkyo A/V reciever to do the decoding.) so I am a bit reluctant to throw it on my HTPC.
http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-155623.html

HOWEVER as mentioned above in this thread, I get the same issues on my old laptop (client only), so I will test it out between the hollidays and get back to you.

A Happy X-mas and a Merry Newyear to everyone!

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
So I tried a few times futile on the client/laptop - no connection to the server... pesky firewall! - but eventually just installed ReClock on the HTPC.
Followed your instructions and still no effect. (I haven't rebooted the HTPC yet, but I doubt it will help.)

Pressing F10 during playback shows the same choppy curves as in my screenshots before.

But thanks for trying to help ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom