no sound after upgrade to 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    TV-Server Version: Version3
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0
    MediaPortal Skin: blue two
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: AM2 Athlon 64 X2 4000
    HDD: Samsung 250Gb
    Memory: 2 Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: MA74GM-SH2
    Video Card: HD3200
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.6
    Sound Card: Onboard Sound
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: latest motherboard drivers
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card: NovaT
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Pure video
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA default
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone
    Cooling: 4 fans
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Delll 22" TFT
    TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

I remember this happening with the upgrade from1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and then seeing the news post about problems so I reverted back to 1.0.0
    Anyway I decided to try and upgrade to 1.0.2 as I wanted to try the latest tv series and moving pictures plugins and fancied a different skin
    I downloaded MP and chose the upgrade option, everything went through fine and started up MP - I have no sound when watching TV..
    My Music and MY videos are all fine, I even get sound when moving through the menus - it is only when watching TV that I get no sound
    closing MP and checking that no options are set to mute - all OK and I have sound from within windows so I know its not a hardware issue. I haven't changed settings, all I did was to upgrade
    Please help - this is a showstopper at the moment - I have no TV
    Anyone else had this problem, does the upgrade change a setting that Im not aware of???

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Further testing revealed the following..

MP 1.0.0 everything works ok
    MP 1.0.1 everything works BUT sound for live TV
    MP 1.0.2 everything works BUT sound for live TV

What has changed between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2?
    What controls sound for the TV service as sound is working for movies, music and within the OS, just not for TV. Im not sure where to look to solve this one?

Thx

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Anyone?

Please help, I have no TV!!
    Music, DVD's and TV series all work fine in MP - its just the TV - no sound and I cant work out where its gone wrong - is it a bug?
    I have attached a screenshot of my TV settings - can someone confirm they are OK??? I haven't changed anything from the version 1.0.0 so Im presuming that these are the defaults. but I have tried most of them to see if it made a difference?
    Am I stuck on MP 1.0.0 as Im now thinking I have to downgrade?

Thx

Attachments

• MP_settings.JPG
      MP_settings.JPG
      115.9 KB

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I now have 'Gabest mpeg 2 codec as a listed option in the TV config, which wasn't there before. I also have cyberlink and the default ATI codecs, I have selected each one and tried MP, but I still have no sound when watching TV with MP. But we can watch DVD's and listen to music through MP

Im going to google gabest + MP and see if I can find anything as Im now ondering if the codecs have changed with the 1.02 release????? Can anyone confirm this??

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    edgedemon,

Have you tried the preview with TV Server configuration? Do you get sound there?
    Also you might like to try playing a stream within a different player like VLC to try and isolate the problem.
    You should check the logs to see if there are any errors.

Matt

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Can someone point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this?
    If i have a TV picture, but no sound
    - is it a codec issue?
    - A bug within MP?
    - incorrect settings (if so, can someone give me some ideas where to look, tv server, MP client?) I attached my client settings in an earleir post

I have been trying different codecs from within the client with no luck and I am not sure where to look next???

Thx

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up on this - I will check when I get home from work in a little while

Yep - thats it, I have TV again :)
    Thank you for helping, Id never have spotted that. Thats the only problem with HTPC's - if something goes wrong it affects everything - Im so relieved now, and no more aggro from my missus and the kids - yippee!

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom