No sound using purevideo and DVD, fine otherwise (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Now Im really appreciating this software and how things are working out. After using zoomplayer for reducing the priority of a lof of useless filters, I now have pure hw decoding of most of my clips. 14% Cpu usage for 1080p is sweet ;-)

However, when playing back DVDs, I cant seem to get any sound?

Graphedit seems fine,
DVD navigator (AC3) -> NVIDIA Audio Decoder (Audio output) -> Default DirectSound Device

Any hints?

regards
Knut Inge

Roger

Portal Member
October 2, 2005
When I had problem with my sound (no AC3 stream to the amp) it was solved by changing
the audio renderer from "Default DirectSound Device" to "Default WaveOut Device".

-Roger-

giovifree

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
try to start MP in a window and start dvd or other media that have problem, check if there is nvidia icon in tray area(near clock), click over nvidia icon with right mouse button and check decoder configuration in the audio section speaker configuration you must select connection receiver and after spdif cable.
if you don't see any nvidia icon during playback you don't are using nvidia codec.............

check MP configuration e/o direct show filter priority

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
giovifree:
Have allready done exactly as you suggest =) Nvidia audio was set up to stereo speakers (have not connected a surround receiver to this computer).

I have earlier had problems with MP randomly setting windows mixer levels to 0. Hards to discover since I only use the mixer present in the m-audio driver panel...

Knut

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, once again it seems I have solved my own problem. It turns out those pesky subtitles were being caused by the Mainconcept MPEG2 Decoder. It would automatically insert the subs and there was no way to change it. Though I switched to the LAV decoders for DVD playback in MP Configuration, that didn't change anything; It turns...
Well, once again it seems I have solved my own problem. It turns out those pesky subtitles were being caused by the Mainconcept...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2 MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32-Bit Home Premium SP1 CPU Type: Intel Core...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.x MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 CPU Type: Core i3 2100 HDD: 2TB Memory: 4GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Video Card: Onboard Video Card Driver: n/a Sound Card: n/a Sound Card AC3: Sound Card Driver: 1. TV Card: 1. TV Card Type: 1. TV Card Driver: 2. TV Card: 2. TV Card Type: 2. TV Card...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.x MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 CPU Type: Core i3 2100 HDD: 2TB Memory: 4GB...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.x MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 CPU Type: Core i3 2100 HDD: 2TB Memory: 4GB...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1.0 with TV-Server Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e, 2,69Ghz HDD: Samsung HD502HI, 460GB Memory: G.Skill/Mushkin/GeIL DIMM 2GB PC2-6400U CL5 (DDR2-800) Motherboard: ASRock A785GMH/128M, Sockel AM2+ Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4200 mit 128MB SidePort Memory Video Card...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1.0 with TV-Server Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e, 2,69Ghz...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1.0 with TV-Server Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e, 2,69Ghz...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD Not Working DE
I don't have MPV or MPA as options (I use the Shark007 codec pack) but I've tried the vanilla DVD Navigator, and it makes no difference (although it is definitely being used as it shows up in the graph). I can get DVDs working in both PowerDVD and VLC, but neither of these are viewable through GraphEdit's "Connect to remote graph"...
I don't have MPV or MPA as options (I use the Shark007 codec pack) but I've tried the vanilla DVD Navigator, and it makes no...
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 X64 7068 CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 9950 HDD...
Replies
Views
ok..firstly..u must understand.. the merits of filters change when they are installed..if u have 2 codecs that do the same thing ..ie cyberlink PowerDVD and Nvidia purevideo decoder in playing DVD's....u play a dvd in WMP for example..it will pick one..the same one every time..the merits decide what gets preference something...
ok..firstly..u must understand.. the merits of filters change when they are installed..if u have 2 codecs that do the same thing...
Hello, I've just completed 2 projects in my quest to enhance my family's enjoyment of home theater. I recently built a raid 5...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom