[TV] No sound/video on some satellite FTA channels (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't have sound/video motion on some FTA channels on 97w Galaxy 19. For example, Daystar TV and ARTN TV work fine, but on Oman TO, Quatar TV and Belarus TV I have no sound and only one static picture frame appears on the screen. If I use skip arrows on my remote control, I can get to another static picture frame. If I use preview directly from the TV server setup, I see the video just fine (not just one picture frame), but the sound is very distorted, something like fast forward with a lot of distortion. I tried to update the satellite informationa and rescan the channels, same problem.

If I see the normal video in SetupTv, why it turns to a static picture in MediaPorta?
    If there is distorted audio in SetupTv preview, why there is no sound at all in MediaPortal?

I don't think this is a satellite provider issue because these channels work fine with MyTheatre software. Everything points to MediaPortal.

ATSC and Cable TV work fine.

Other issues I still have with this beta are/will be reported separately in more details. The following list is just for general information only:

1. No Playback for Audio CDs (audio codec error when I select Play or individual CDA files).
    2. Matrix Orbital GX Minidisplay crashes on MP startup
    3. Some headlines in RSS News disappear when the blue button becomes green (selected).
    4. TV Setup freezes for about half a minute when the Diseqc tab is selected.

TV-Server Version: 1.1 Alpha MediaPortal SVN - Rev:23361
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Alpha MediaPortal SVN - Rev:23361
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 1.87GHz
    HDD: WDC SATA-2 80GB; Samsung SATA2, 750GB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
    Video Card: ASUS GeForce 9600GT Silent 650MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV
    Video Card Driver: 186.18
    Sound Card: IDT High Definition
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.5790.3
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800, PCIe
    1. TV Card Type: analog, ATSC
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.34.27050.0
    2. TV Card: Twinhan AD-SE200 (1028), PCIe
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.4.6
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA/Shaw Cable/OTA
    HTPC Case: Custom
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Universal, URC 200
    TV: JVC AV-34WP84 (wide screen CRT, 1080i)
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI or Component Video

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I played with different codecs and found that the issue goes away once I replace the MPC - MPA MPEG/AC3 audo Decoder Filter with Cyberlink audio decoder. I didn't have luck with ffdshow. This is strange. Why would MPC-MPA decoder works fine on some satellite channels but unable to do the job on some other few free satellite channels?

If somebody would like to help to debug the issue, the sample .ts file was generously provided by CHli here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/problem-tsreader-some-channels-59074/

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    what happens when you schedule a recording on one of these channels.
    Is a *.ts file created? If so, can you watch the record *.ts file with MP/MyVideos or VLC ?

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Most of my problems are now gone on that issues but my MP version is a bit messy at the moment with a lot of different SVN patches so I can't really tell when it's been fixed or if it's back in a recent SVN. I'm waiting for the RC to update and report the status.

I would add that in the mean time I updated my ATI Drivers to 9.8 and got rid of all the installed codecs I had and I'm just using *unlocked* SAF. (I think SAF is brilliant, it offers a well tested setup of codecs that should work out of the box)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom