No sound

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by p4cm4n, March 21, 2010.

1. p4cm4n

p4cm4n Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After a format im struggling getting any sound.

Ive tried v 11 and 12 but still the same. Ive tried all devices (I think) in the list as screenshot:

I'm thinking one should be the right one...but which. maybe in looking in the wrong section. Same for TV and Videos (no sound?)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Ive not messed with anyother settings....yet:)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. robbo100
    • Premium Supporter

robbo100 Retired Team Member

Herding Cats
    Ratings:
    +322 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    How is your sound wired? SPDIF, Analogue, Optical, HDMI? Is it going to a TV or Amp?

Are you experianced with codecs? If not, have you tried installing SAF? Go to the MP1 section of the forum, then codecs then SAF 4 stable thread.

you need to PM the OP for the thread to get the "unlock" software link (he usually replies within 24 hours with this).

Run the unlock programme and then install SAF.

Configure as instructed and then try again. The SAF forum has loads of information and people may help there.

Robbo100

4. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
  5. solas989
    • Premium Supporter

solas989 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Definately need how the audio is setup up on your machine. What is the default audio device (Realtek Analog (Speakers) or Realted SPDIF (Optical))?

Do you have the latest drivers, what are your system specs? All these things along with the logs will help the knowledgeable people here help you out, I am not one of them yet.

On my system, I have three sound cards (Realtek on board (not used), HT Omega and ATI HDMI (cant use)). I have to make sure I make the HT Omege the default device in windows, then I choose the HT Omega device in the config of MP.

Solas

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!