[no Bug] No Standby after scheduled recording (1 Viewer)

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When in PowerScheduler the option "Only allow Standby when on home window" is activated the system only goes back to standby after waking up and completing a scheduled recording when it was send to standby while showing the home screen.
    Example: when i schedule a recording and send the system to standby while showing the EPG-screen (or any other sub-screen) it will remain on after completing the recording. When i schedule a recording, move to the home-screen and send the system to standby it will go back to standby after completing the recording.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Example: when i schedule a recording and send the system to standby while showing the EPG-screen (or any other sub-screen) it will remain on after completing the recording. When i schedule a recording, move to the home-screen and send the system to standby it will go back to standby after completing the recording.
    Correct, and that's also intended behavior based on the setting you enabled, so no bug.
    If you want your system to enter Standby again after a recording you have 2 options:
    1. Disable the 'Only allow Standby when on home window' in the PowerScheduler options
    2. Disable the option 'Show last active module when starting / resument from standby' in MP Config >> General >> Startup/Resume Settings.

The 2nd option makes your system always jump to Home after resume.

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The 2nd option is already in use. When the system leaves standby for normal use it always shows the home-screen.
    It seems like the home-screen is not activated when the system leaves standby for a recording.
    So after the end of the recording the log attached to the first post shows an ongoing repeat of this entries:
    [2014-07-18 12:02:51,351] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface is not idle: Not on home window
    [2014-07-18 12:02:51,351] [Log ] [8 ] [DEBUG] - PS: User interface not idle: StandbyPrevented

To send the system back to standby i pressed the back-button (to stop a maybe running screensaver - the tv was off at this time) and then the standby-button. This is also part of the log and at this time i found this entries:
    [2014-07-18 15:39:06,237] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND)
    [2014-07-18 15:39:06,237] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnResume - Switch to basic home screen
    For me it looks like the activation of the home-screen started after i pressed a button on the remote.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems like the home-screen is not activated when the system leaves standby for a recording.
    Hmm... That's an interesting point you have there ;) That's something worth debugging.

For me it looks like the activation of the home-screen started after i pressed a button on the remote.
    Nope, the WM_POWERBROADCAST is a windows power command. And this command was the 'Resume from standby' command. The switch to Basic Home should have happened directly after that. ;) So that looks good on the logs.

Will need to find some time to try to reproduce that 'standby for recording' issue you have, but will let you know if i find something (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom