h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hey I am new here, and don't know much about computers. I thought buying a branded desktop pc (hp m8451) would save me a lot trouble installing things myself.
Unfortunately, the windows mediacenter keeps loosing the tv signal. And once lost the signal, it won't get back untill you restart the computer. But on the other TV's in my home I have good signal. So I thought mediacenter is perhaps too sensitive, and looked for another tv recording program. I came to mediaportal, because it can record not only in dvr-ms format, but also mepg (though I do not know where to change this setting).

But the first foremost problem is that I can't get MyTV in Mediaportal to show any TV signal at all. I walked though the steps in the manual, but still get the message "no tuner can find: channel...".

In the Mediaportal configuration TV settings I already have chosen the Dutch channels. These also come back in the channel list of Mytv. But nothings shows.

Does anyone knows what the problem might be?

Grt,
M

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, the windows mediacenter keeps loosing the tv signal. And once lost the signal, it won't get back untill you restart the computer. But on the other TV's in my home I have good signal.

PC tuners still have some catching up to do with mainstream set top boxes or inbuilt TV tuners, so what may work on your real tv, may not on your pc.

If VMC has problems, then the chances are MP will also have them as well.

Have you tried Hauppauges own software and see how that works with the card, that would make it much easier to diagnose what is going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom