No TV Card detected : Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 MCE (1 Viewer)

Borsk

Portal Member
June 17, 2006
Denmark
Hi everyone

I just started to look at media portal and it looks quite nice.

I'm a complete newbiee when it comes to all of these things, but i am an IT pertson so i generally know alot, and i guess i should be able to get it working.

Atleast i though so :eek:

I just got myself the Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 MCE but when i run the setup wizard or the Tools Options in window mode Media Portal dosn't detect my TV Card.

I tried to download newer drivers, and also the WinTV 2000 software to view TV in Windows. That seems to be working.

I have a Windows XP MCE 2005 machine (Also tried on standard Windows XP Pro SP2
Its a 1.5 GHz laptop
ATI Radeon 9000 mobility vidoe card

What can i do to get it to detect my TV card

Right now im back with a fresh installed Media Portal 0.2 RC 4 and just pluged in the WinTV box in the USB port and install the drivers. nothing else.

I see other queston on this but didnt really help to read through them.

Borsk

Portal Member
June 17, 2006
Denmark
Yeah the card did work in MCE, it found the channels and so on, but i was not able to see any live TV because my Video card don't have enough Memory....Couldn't find any workaround for that.

Borsk

Portal Member
June 17, 2006
Denmark
What is VMR9 i've seen it around but uncertain what it is and what it do.

I just noticed if i open Windows Movie Maker i get an error message saying "The video device is currently in use. Close any other application that is using the device and try again.

I dont have any programs open...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    VMR9

I just noticed if i open Windows Movie Maker i get an error message saying "The video device is currently in use.

Not an MCE user but that could be caused by the MCE services which I believe lock the tv card out even when its not running?

Borsk

Portal Member
    June 17, 2006
    Denmark
    AHH VMR9 is something that comes in DirectX9....

About the MCE services i found that out aswell and i turned them off, that just didn't do any difference.....

Its really strange i can get the TV Card to work in MCE, Got All Media/Byoand Media and ofcause the WinTV2000

WHY NOT THE PROGRAM I WANNA USE :eek:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom