No TV Channels with BlackGold card (1 Viewer)

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
March 30, 2011
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card: ati4650
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Blackgold
1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
1. TV Card Driver: BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

i have tried and failed to get the tv working
sorry dont know what my exact card is but its a GDI blackgold dvb-t with latest BDA drivers. software recognises it but when i scan i get no channels
i have had it for a number of years and its always worked(and still does) in MCE and now win7

is this a no go or am i missing something basic ...again :)

thanks

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
March 30, 2011
following advice elsewhere i did a clean install with SAF loaded first, set tv codec to powerdvd and now i have channels but only a few

any ideas why?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are not going to get an answer unless you post your logs. It is completely impossible for anyone to diagnose a problem when the only information provided is "it doesn't work"

Run MP in debug mode iaw the sticky and post the zipfile.

I have just re-read your post and it is a problem with basic tuning, so the debug won't work (as it only runs the main MP programme not the config). I was misled by the codec information which is nothing to do with tuning, so I thought it was a viewing issue not a tuning issue.

You will need to provide more details, like, does MP detect signal strength and quality when tuning etc.

Have you selected the correct regional transmitter in the tuning settings?

Robbo100

Also, you need to fill in details about your config.

With no information it is impossible to help!

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
    March 30, 2011
    i followed instruction from another mod and after a clean install with saf i got signal strength and as said a few channels which was a step forward
    i then removed my local transmitter and selected 'all' and although it took awhile i now have all channels

hope this proves useful to another newbie as i failed to find anything in the search tool on the subject. dont see why but the lack of required codecs caused the tuner not to work

to sum up load 'SAF' set TV codec to powerdvd for video and ffdshow for audio and it works

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    dont see why but the lack of required codecs caused the tuner not to work

to sum up load 'SAF' set TV codec to powerdvd for video and ffdshow for audio and it works

Codecs have nothing to do with the channels to tune from. The reason you were advised to load SAF was because you said on another post that you couldn't upscale using PDVD.

It is likely that your MP transmitter tuning file was out of date (your region might have recently gone through digital switchover recently?) or that you had selected the wrong transmitter from the list (if your location is able to select 2 different transmitters and you assumed the wrong one).

In order to get the most out of the forum community, you MUST post as much information as possible, including logs and try not to double post on different threads.

Robbo100

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Indeed.

If your country/region DVB-T frequency file is out of date, we need to know what settings you are using for the scan, and what frequencies you have channels found on.

For this, we need to know where you are, and need full logs of your channel scan.

If you can provide this information, I'm confident that this can be fixed for 1.2.0.

Best wishes,

Mark

pacemaker1000

Portal Member
    March 30, 2011
    thanks guys

once i work it out i will send the information in

i dont know or understand why adding the codecs made it work it just did. nothing else was changed and before i had 'no channels' and no signal...weird

now have to work out why i got no EPG :)

sorry for double posts but was really getting deperate and about to go back to Media Browser :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom