[TV] No TV on Client after resuming Server from standby (1 Viewer)

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
October 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi snoekieboe,
As I have also this problem since a long time now, I tried to install Mediacenter Standbytool as you did but it doesn't change anything. The problem is still there.
What settings did you use on Mediacenter Standbytool? In case it's a specific settings, I tried a few ones without success.

Thanks,
Ced

Nothing special... I disabled all items that had something to do with restarting MP or suspending MP after a certain amount of time.
After that is selected S3 standby as the prefered suspend mode.

Thats it

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This problem has resurfaced unfortunately.

It nothing to do with the port being bound this time, as TV Server config doesn't show any problems there and my firewall shows that TVService is listening on it. It's something to do with streaming though, as I can't play LiveTV or RecordedTV but I can play videos (avis) that are on the Server. Restarting the service fixes the problem.

infinityloop, I tried connecting to the stream with VLC but nothing happens. TV Server config shows that it's timeshifting but no clients/connections show up under Streaming Server.

I'll try disabling the reinitialise option in Powerscheduler on the Server and see if that helps.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Well disabling the reinitialise option in Powerscheduler isn't the answer.

It did allow me to start LiveTV without restarting the service after resuming, however I was then unable to change channel from the first one I tuned into. When I tried, it would go through the motions and then just resume playing the original channel. I tried stopping playback and then tuning into a channel and then I just got an error.

So I've had to re-enable that option again and I'm still left with having to manually restart the service every time I wake the Server from standby.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I seem to have found the problem. The "Delay for TV Card Detection" was set to 25 seconds. I've increased it to 30 seconds and everything seems to work OK after resuming now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom