No video/audio and Conax CAM modules (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello all,

Still looking for a solution to my "no audio/video detected" when tuning to encrypted channels with FloppyDTV and TV server.

Apparently the ability to start writing the timeshift file is linked to the decryption process. In my case the timeshift files are locked to 0 bytes when tuning to encrypted channels, and works fine with FTA channels.

I noticed in the wiki a list of CAMs, some being tested, some not.

I wonder if my el-cheapo Conax module from the local supermarket could be the item causing trouble. Again all the channels show perfectly and even the HD channels are descrambled correclty in DVBviewer, so the CAM is not faulty. But maybe another revision would be supported differently ?

I need a new CAM anyway for other purposes, so here is the occasion to test this. Any comment on what I should look for ? The list of CAMs says Alphacrypt firmware 2.03 modules are tested, 3.09 are not.

Little extra question... in the TvServer channel list, some are marked with a red and some with a green mark. I thought it meant encrypted and FTA channels, but some FTA channels are shown in red here, and can still be seen without a descrambler card. How come ?

Lorenzo

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think many people should read this, I really hope it'll be the end of many headaches !

So I went out to find a new CAM for my FloppyDTV and FireDTV, and I found a Technisat Conax module at a local supermarket. Swapped CAMs when I got home and BINGO !!!

TvServer working with all encrypted and FTA SD and HD channels, in single and multiseat !!!

So it was a descrambling problem with the LA Digital CAM module that was the reason for the timeshift files being locked to 0 bytes. I realized there might be some other issues causing the same symptoms, but my problem is solved.

HTH

Lorenzo

christiand

Portal Member
    December 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For holland with digitenne I can say that the technisat works best. I had 2 orignally conax cams, but had problems with both. So my advice just use technisat cam's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom