No Video/Audio Detected for all local Clear QAM channels. (1 Viewer)

iolaus

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 3 Rev. 17070
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Athlon XP
Motherboard: Soyo KT-333 Dragon Platinum
Motherboard Chipset: VIA Apollo KT333
Video Card: ATI 9800 All-In-Wonder
Video Card Driver: Windows XP Default
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge 3.4d1
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2
2. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge 3.4d1
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast

I have seen a lot of discussion regarding the "No Video/Audio Detected" error but most of it has had to do with a sporadic problem with analog TV. I am experiencing the error consistently, never being able to tune successfully, on all local Clear QAM stations.

When I perform a scan of QAM Standard with my HVR-1600 it finds a ton of channels, including my local channels which also pick up a call sign. All the local channels, however, have a red icon next to them and I get "No Video/Audio Detected" when trying to preview them. I've confirmed the local channels are indeed on the correct frequencies by comparing to a scan done by the WinTV client that comes with the Hauppauge. I'm not sure if it is a problem or not, but all the local channels are showing up with Audio and Video PIDs of -1.

I have successfully tuned a couple of the "Unknown..." channels found from the QAM Standard scan but they've all been advertisement or preview channels. Also, it may be worth mentioning that I've successfully tuned all the local channels over QAM using the WinTV software without any problems.

I've attached logs of a scan of just one frequency (which carries 3 local channels) and a subsequent attempt to preview one of the channels. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'd be glad to set up remote access if it would make things easier.

I also believe that the poster here was experiencing the same problem (although it seemed to get lost amongst a host of other issues).

Thanks,
Ryan

iolaus

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Home Country
I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks.

garry,

I'm afraid I haven't found any help yet. I've been trying to follow a few threads but haven't seen any mention of a solution yet.

-Ryan

Shoey Peachew

Portal Member
June 8, 2006
I just bought a HDHomerun dual tuner and being a total newb I tried setting up MediaPortal with the TV Server. After completing every step from the well written guide, I'm currently hovering over the TV Management Console window (well, more like relaxing on my couch looking at my 37" monitor) completly stuck as to why none of my scanned channels have no audio/video. I'm at the point where I've scanned my local cable companies clear QAM channels, but I get nothing. All the channels that scanned with call signs have a little red icon next to them and all the other "Unknown" channels have green icons. After fiddling around and not getting it to work I searhed here and found this thread with the same problem, but with no solutions. I'm reluctant to quit since I've gotten this far. Please halp me. : (

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    same here :(. I don't get them in Wintv either, so they might be encrypted. QAM is like the wild west. Comcast can do whatever they want. I'm in Chicago. Where are you guys?

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, Asolutely not only analogue TV, and not sporadic!
    I allso have this problem consistent with my DVB-S(2) floppy DTV card, in combination with a magic Module as common interface. There is no build to find where I can get this working. :-(

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    I'm having the same problem with an HVR-1600. I was able to tune all of these channels no problem before upgrading from the old built-in tv-engine to TVE3. I get the red icons beside all channels except for those labeled "Unknown" and get an error that says "Unable to start timeshifting, No video/audio detected" when trying to view any channel.

Shoey Peachew

Portal Member
    June 8, 2006
    After reading some more and getting a better understandig of this site, I realized you can try different daily builds. I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling the TV Server engine and I was able to narrow down the last working build that works with my HDHomerun network tuner and it's revision 17278 from 02-04-2008. I also found out I need to use the corresponding svn-snapshot of MediaPortal or it wouldn't work. Anyway, not only is it seemingly more stable, but it also picked up all my QAM channels from Comcast, which MediaPortal failed to do without TV Server. So, as it stands now, I'm one happy Vermonter. Once I had a taste of MediaPortal's smooth GUI and awesome picture quality I knew I had to find a way to make it work. Many, many thanks to Team MediaPortal and keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom