No video in fullscreen mode with VMR9 (1 Viewer)

MrMech

Portal Member
July 12, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
VMR9 seems not to render fullscreen video anymore after updating to RC2. I struggled a while with it before I tested with EVR, it seem to work as should. Also tried different configurations for VMR9 without any luck. And it does the same with recorded & live video. Other apps or old MP do not cause such problems with VMR9 on my environment. However.. continuing RC2 usage with EVR rendering.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC 2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel E6850 @ 3.0 GHz
HDD: Samsung spinpoint 500G
Memory: 4G DDR2 533
Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
Video Card: ATI radeon HD 3870
Video Card Driver: package 8.501
Sound Card: mb integrated sigmatel
Sound Card AC3: mb integrated optical
Sound Card Driver: IDT 5.10.5790.3
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400 DT
1. TV Card Type: dual DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.283
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: ATI
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: mCubed hFX classic
Cooling: semi-passive heatpipe/air
Power Supply: Nexus NX-8060 600W
Remote: iMon RF 2.4G
TV: LG LCD + Acer projector
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
VMR9 seems not to render fullscreen video anymore after updating to RC2. I struggled a while with it before I tested with EVR, it seem to work as should. Also tried different configurations for VMR9 without any luck. And it does the same with recorded & live video. Other apps or old MP do not cause such problems with VMR9 on my environment. However.. continuing RC2 usage with EVR rendering.

You did not say which Catalyst version you are using. IIRC there is an issue similar as the one you describe with Catalyst 8.6 which has been fixed in 8.7 beta.

I'm using RC2 on XP SP2 with VRM9 on Radeon 2600XT (Cat 7.12) and here it works flawlessly.

grubi.

nschoot

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Confirmed: Windows XP SP3 with ATI HD 2600 (AGP) running catalyst 8.6 Hotfix

Problem gone with EVR, but that has a standby/resume problem for me, so I decided to change to MPV. Funnily enough it seems that this change to MPV only worked when I rebooted (but I must admit that I changed h.264 from ATI to Cyberlink at the same time - but this seems unrelated).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so I decided to change to MPV. Funnily enough it seems that this change to MPV only worked when I rebooted (but I must admit that I changed h.264 from ATI to Cyberlink at the same time - but this seems unrelated).
    you have to restart MediaPortal, if you change the codecs "inside MediaPortal" (Settings).

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    By booting I meant booting my system. I switched it using the config util, with MediaPortal shut down. I'm not sure enough whether I changed something else... Maybe may HTPC was just not stable anymore... Bottom line is: MPV is an acceptable workaround for now :)

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    I can't prove this anymore (I did a clean install) but I am quite confident that I used the ATI decoder with 8.6 with the RC1 builds... Maybe I could find out by looking at the installation backups I still have (Only if you care).

I'll try these 8.7 builds as soon as Sapphire makes them usable for AGP... ;)

MrMech

Portal Member
    July 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    :sorry:

It seemingly was due to Catalyst 8.6 since after I updated to 8.7 that problem was gone. If I remember correctly, I also did update the catalyst recently too. Maybe I just did not realize any problems before RC2 install and used no time to verify such possibility.

So, sorry about the false report and thanks for the good hint anyhow. I read such "3rdParty" dependent reports quite often myself - and sometimes it really takes nerves... hope the devs have some helpful reproducers here ;)

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    I couldn't wait for the AGP versions, so i did a manual installation of the generic ATI driver... And I'm happy to report that the problem is gone :)
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom