No way to set DVB-T channels with Pinnacle 200i card (1 Viewer)

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
September 3, 2005
Paris
In Set-up Wizard -> DVB-t Configuration.
Trying to scan channels shows one frequency then generate an Exception.

When trying to scan from "set-up":
Message box: "This device does not support autoscan".

When importing channels from Lastworking MP : channels configurations are visible, in configuration.exe but no way to get TV working in "My TV": black screen and no sound.

Release 1.3 is working at the same time.

If i change TVcapture.dll in the 0.2 folder to a older one from 0.130 i get tv working again.
(see the graphs attached images.)
No changes with 17/9/2005 cvs.

Area: Media Portal Program / My TV
MP Version: 0.2.0.0 (RC1) (original or CVS)
Skin: Any
Windows Version: XP2 Last updated
CPU Type: Athlon XP 3200+
Memory: 1Go DDR400 (2X512/72 2,5-3-3-8CL 2CMD DDR-SDRAM)
Motherboard Chipset: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe rev2
Video Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 5900T (Overclocked)
Video Card Driver: nv4_mini.sys 6.14.10.7776
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Any
Audio Codec Type & Version: Any
TV Card: Pinnacle 200i
TV Card Type: DVB-T
TV Card Driver: 1.3.2.0

Attached 4 files.
Dxdiag.txt
MediaPortal.log
Exce"ption.txt
esperado-Mp0.2.evt
+ 2 grpahs from Graphedit
Graphic: Gforce 5900XT Dual Head.
Drivers: Nvidia 6.14.10.7776
TV cards: PCTV rave+PinnacleDBV-T 300i(pci)
Sys: Windows XP sp2 last
Screens: Dual LCD 1280_1024-60HZ/TRT (full screen video) 800_600-100 HZ

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
September 3, 2005
Paris
No connection between the bug i report and this one.
Mp 0.2 simply does not work, as it is not possible to get any DVB-T channels.
Looks like MP does not recognise the card anymore on two different windows partitions.
Sorry, i have no time today to redo the all testing and edit my post. I'll will do-it as soon as possible :-(

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
September 3, 2005
Paris
infinityloop said:
does you card show up in the configuration.exe -> TV setting?
Yes. And, because it was impossible to scan channels, i've tried to import channels settings from a previous working version (plus the missing DLL). It appears in config. But, with the program, no graph created: black screen.
I've tested that on two different windows XP SP2 (one just for mediaportal): same problem. On those same windows, in the same time several version v0130 are working fine.
Have a nice day.
Christophe Esperado.

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
September 3, 2005
Paris
Too bad this critical bug has not been reported in Mantis. :mad:
This bug is confirmed by all the users of Pinnacle 200/300i.
(See french forum) as well as Nova-t Users.
No need for any test plan: The problem is clear: Direct show cannot connect the Tee filter to the card, because it cannot get the properties of the card. And the solution exist: to replace the tvcapture.dll by an older one.
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/TVCapture.zip
How to make any helpfull testing if Tv is not working at all ?
I've spend a lot of time in beginning redaction of an help file, never received a mail from developpers to confirm or infirm if some would like to implement links in the program, and in what kind of form do they like this help to be compiled (CHM, HTML,...), or even if they are interested. :(
No active reaction on this bug report, nothing in Mantis:
I' give-it up.

Communication is a major problem with Media Portal team. Web forums (4 different with this one, believe that ?) with rigid rules, lot of sticky to read, chat on IRC (who need that)... Why don't you think using fast, and accurates tools like NNTP forums (news groups), mailinglists, or anything with is not web based and can use scoring and tree views to fast the reading ?
Because it is desageable, heavy, slow, and time consuming, all those PHP/web based stuff, with all those passwords, different windows, and information lost each time you close your browser....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Esperado said:
    Too bad this critical bug has not been reported in Mantis. :mad:
    This bug is confirmed by all the users of Pinnacle 200/300i.
    (See french forum) as well as Nova-t Users.
    i have 3 reports that the NOVA-T is working wihout issues IF you use the newest drivers!

as for the Pinnacle 200/300i you are the only one i know who has this card i have tried to find another one on icr who has this problem, but i had no luck.
    no one confirmed this problem here in the forum by writing a reply. that makes it hard to verify if its a bug or not. it could also be a problem with the driver.
    i dont know what has been reported in the french forum (iam not registered there because i dont speak french).

please be aware that bugs found in 0.2RC1 must be posted here in the forum or on IRC!
    because this are the places the developers were watching for bugreports!
    Esperado said:
    I've spend a lot of time in beginning redaction of an help file, never received a mail from developpers to confirm or infirm if some would like to implement links in the program, and in what kind of form do they like this help to be compiled (CHM, HTML,...), or even if they are interested. :(
    No active reaction on this bug report, nothing in Mantis:
    I' give-it up.
    since i have started this forum i have got an idea how many emails and pm`s the developers were getting everyday. if you want to get in contact with one of the developers use IRC. i have implemented IRC into this forum. just click on IRC-Chat and you are online. thats the best way to talk with them. and please dont forget that we are all doing this in our sparetime this means we need time to answere all posts and questions. i realy try to do that but i dont have the time to do that immediately.

since frodo went to australia there wont be much progress with the DVB Bugs but we have to find out all the problems first.

i know that if a bugreport is posted not everyone who has the same problem replies and shows us that there are others with the same problem. but that is what we need to confirm a bug.

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
    September 3, 2005
    Paris
    infinityloop said:
    i know that if a bugreport is posted not everyone who has the same problem replies and shows us that there are others with the same problem. but that is what we need to confirm a bug.

Ok. Believe-me or not, there is several people who report exactly this bug in the french (3 for the Pinnacle, 5 for the Nova T) and the german forum where i've found the tip of the DLL. Believe-me or not, i have the habit, when i report a bug to confirm-it on a clean new install of windows, (here with only mediaportal, dscaler5, and ffdshow installed), on a separate mutiboot partition. As well as on my working partition. And to figure out where is the problem (Graphedit is on my desk)

That exactly what i said: there is realy a communication problem with Media portal team, if they dont care with other dedicated fora, and dont trust the reports.

I have changed the DLL, and everything is working fine with tv now. Is-it not enough ? I told-you that all 0.130 versions are working well, and published a report where you can read clearly what and where is the problem, is-it not enough ?

If it was possible for me to help you, it is exactly because i use a card and material that you dont have. (Apart the DVB-Tcard my config is not so different than your) on a stable computer.
    If i it was possible for me to help-you, it is because i use a double screen configuration not so usual, and because i know a little about computers and directshow, (it is my job).

This is a MAJOR issue. Confirmed, localised. Please add-it in Mantis.

Or do what you want, but you can understand why i'm desapointed.
    Development, specialy under gnu, do not fit well with psychorigid rules, as it is not an exact science and need to be based on collaborative attitude.
    Have a good day/night.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Esperado said:
    Ok. Believe-me or not, there is several people who report exactly this bug in the french (3 for the Pinnacle, 5 for the Nova T) and the german forum where i've found the tip of the DLL.
    i believe you that there are reports about this problem. but the bugreports have to be posted here.
    you have not done anything wrong!
    i am realy glad that you have posted this problem with your DVB-T card.
    but the problem is that no one else has. and thats important!

everyone who has been reading the frontpage at mediaportal.sourceforge.net knows that the bugs have to be reported on IRC or in this forum.

i hope you understand that we and the developers cant watch all mediaportal forums for new bugs. thats why we have this RC Bug Report forum.

if only 3 people, who have the same problem would, confirm this proplem by posting a reply with the support tempate in your topic you can be sure that this will get the attention of the developers.

imported_Esperado

Portal Member
    September 3, 2005
    Paris
    infinityloop said:
    i hope you understand that we and the developers cant watch all mediaportal forums for new bugs.

Do as you want. So this bug will stay here untill other people confirm, and they will.
    No time to loose for nothing, on my side. I'm quite an old man and developping other freewares. And i have a job (sysadmin). I hope you understand. :sorry:

I'm sure this program will be very good in some times.
    Oh, BTW, Mp 0.2 still crashes on resize here (the old TVcapture.dll ?) and is buggy on time shifting (drops in sound and video, same images live and play back) with less than 20% CPU ...
    Feel free to erase this thread,

Have a good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom