[Bug] No way to tell if there are recording conflicts (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
    Windows Version: XP SP3 with all updates
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB Retail
    HDD: WD 1.0 TB, WD 1.0 TB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800
    Motherboard: ASUS P5Q ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN 1394
    Video Card: Asus ENGT220/DI/1GD2(LP) - Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Low Noise VGA Cooler
    Video Card Driver: 191.07
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio ALC883
    Sound Card AC3: coax out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5591
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HD-PVR
    1. TV Card Type: analog - component in from STB
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.5.6.0
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-250
    2. TV Card Type: analog - S-Video in from STB
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-250
    3. TV Card Type: analog - cable
    3. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    4. TV Card: none
    4. TV Card Type: none
    4. TV Card Driver: none
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD9)
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink (PDVD9)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Rogers HDTV
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Black
    Cooling: standard - Fusion
    Power Supply: standard - Fusion
    Remote: USB-UIRT - Home Theatre Master MX-500
    TV: Samsung LN46A850
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

When I setup recordings, there is no indication that there will be a recording conflict... not in the MP gui, not in the SetupTV, nowhere as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm missing it entirely, though.

I have 3 tuners, but I have a unique set of channels assigned to each tuner. In the attached logs, I setup two recordings to happen at the same time on the same tuner. MP happily adds both recordings even though I know they won't be able to record. When the time comes to record, one will get recorded and a second recording thread will cycle every few seconds trying to get the tuner and fail because a recording is already using it.

In my searches on the forum for "conflicts", I see that the ConflictsManager on the GUI side is not complete... OK. I also notice in my logs when the TV service starts that the ConflictsManager plugin is disabled. Is this just an area that has not been finished on either the Server or Client ends?

Here are my logs... I have many scheduled recordings so to help find the problem in the logs, the two shows I setup to show the conflict are Jeopardy and Night Court (two shows I wouldn't otherwise record).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This mantis seems to be focused on the client-side conflict manager being incomplete (missing).

I don't see the server side doing anything either. I would have expected to see an entry in the mptvdb.conflicts table when I tried to create the second recording, no?

Should this mantis add the server-side component to it as well?

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As far as i know there are two things:

There once was a plugin that handled conflicts and there is code in the core that handles conflicts.

Both are behaving differently, but i think the core code is what should be used now.

When i plan a recording i get a popup when i have conflicts. If there is no conflict at the time of planning, but a conflict appears later there is no place you can find that.
    That table does not seem to be used, i can not recall current conflict handling storing something, it just does: 1. Remove the conflicted episode if you choose so in the dialog or 2. Keep both (so you get what you are seeing now).

I have no special plugin enabled for this.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

This is good information.

I don't see a popup when I plan a recording that immediately has a conflict. I re-tried with just the Blue3 skin to make sure it was not a skin problem.

Perhaps this is a problem with my setup? Do you have any pointers on where I can look or what I can do to get at least the popup working?

Thanks.

Geoff

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You don't get the conflict popup because it thinks it doesn't conflict with anything:

Code:
    2010-05-05 10:01:28.585625 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TVProgramInfo.CreateProgram - conflicts.Count = 0

It is precisely logged why it doesn't conflict, but the list is so huge that i cannot make anything from it :)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you also post logging of the recording actually failing? Perhaps that would help finding the problem.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I removed all my schedules to make the logs a bit more clear... although I still cannot figure out why this is happening.

I schedule MASH and then scheduled Coach to both record at 12:00PM using channels that are only mapped to the HD-PVR. The GUI let me setup both these recordings with no popup.

I also let the recordings go so you could see the tv server trying to record Coach every few seconds but it's unable to find a free card.

I appreciate your help with this... any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

Geoff

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found why i does not mark this as conflicting. It checks whether the channels are on the same frequency, if that is so and the card support "subchannels" it is not a conflict and it is possible to record them at the same time.

In your scenario (of which i am not exactly sure how your setup works) the channels both have frequency "0", which is of course the same.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Interesting...

Well, I have 3 tuners:

1 - HD-PVR is connected via component in to a set top box for recording HD channels... no frequency needed since the tuner is external.
    2 - PVR-250 is connected to S-Video to a standard def set top box (different from above)... no frequency needed since the tuner is external.
    3 - PVR-250 is connected to coax for my cable provider...

I have a set of channels for each tuner. I tried using channel combination but it doesn't do what I want.

Interestingly, the mptvdb.tuningdetail table shows all channels as having frequency set to 0 for all channels.

If I set the frequency to a unique value for all the tuningdetails, would it make sense that the conflict detection could then work as expected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom