Noob Hardware/Software/Website Questions (1 Viewer)

TremoluxMan

March 23, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal looks like an intriguing application and may fit my needs, but I have a few questions before I give it a try. I've gone over the OS and hardware requirements and it looks like I have everything needed. Here's my specs:

Homebuilt PC with Intel P4 2.4 GHz CPU, ASUS P4B266-C mobo, 2 GB RAM, Win XP Pro, SP 3, ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP video w/512 MB DDR RAM, WD Caviar 350 GB HDD, SB Audigy MP3+ soundcard. I keep all drivers updated and Windows Updates current.

There is a website, TitanTV, that has TV listings for broadcast and satellite where you can see program listings for your area and it also has an option to either watch the program from your PC via a PVR or record it for later viewing.

So my question is: With my PC/hardware and MediaPortal, would I be able to do this?

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not exactly sure what you are saying you want to be able to do. So sorry if I'm way off then. But you mention TitanTV. If you want to use TitanTV to pull down the TV guide for recording using MP, then you should be able to use mc2xml and the built-in XmlTV TV server plug-in. But you haven't listed a tuner card in your specs so maybe you are looking for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom