Noob needs advice before installing MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

lartomar2002

February 6, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
from what i have read this appears to be the media center i have been looking for. i am primarily interested in the plugins especially about importing movie info. i am new to media servers. i have tried tversity but it would not do what i wanted, i have and still use playon but it has yet to develop a plugin or script for importing movie info.
just a few of questions. if a noob has had a successful experience with mediaportal please feel free to reply. is it hard to configure? from what i have read all plugins are already you just have to enable them, you do not need to download and install them? and my final question is will my system work with it? here it is:
Cpu: intel core i3* 2.93Ghz* DDR3 SDRAM 6 Gb Ram*
Router: Netgear WNR 2000
Network: Wired/Wireless 100mbps
Dlna Devices: PS 3* 160gb version 3.56, WD TV LIVE HD
TV: Vizio SV472XVT 47” HD
ISP: att.net xtreme 5.5 Mbps average download speed

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Last = First ;) - your system seems fine. if you run run win7 with areo enabled, MP will work.

MP ships with a core set of plugins. The rest you need to download and install one by one. Unless you go for an additional 100mb download in the form of the SteamedMP skin, then it will not only install the skin, but also most popular plugins like Moving Pictures for movies and TVSeries and infoservice, etc...

Be sure to check out the popular skin section and the popular plugin section of the forum.

lartomar2002

February 6, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks for the quick reply. will the movie info plugins do an automatic search of my media files or will i have to do it one by one?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    The Moving Pictures plugin will do an automated scan of the directory you specify in it's config program.
    You will just need to interfere if matching is not correct - and that depends on your namings.
    Read more here:
    Moving Pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom