Noobish question about EPG (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Do I have to watch TV to get the EPG data or does MP collect it even if I am only watching DVDs (as an example)?

/Moltas

laeb66

Portal Pro
March 20, 2005
Sweden
moltas said:
Do I have to watch TV to get the EPG data or does MP collect it even if I am only watching DVDs (as an example)?

/Moltas

Depending on your settings for epg!

If you want EPG can I recomen O2GRABBER have all swedish channel...

If you dont want epg .. dont setup epg

EPG it´s web based and collect info from the web..
you can even grab some channel with dvb cards

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

depends your grabbing method for EPG:
    1) an external app like WebEPG, XMLTV, Clickfinder, O2Grabber
    2) DVB-EPG

1) run once a day a task in the background. MP recognizes the new tvguide.xml and imports the infos.
    2) You have to run My TV and all channels for some time

Flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
    I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download file for that specific channel number and could not find it. So I submitted a request to update the Schedules Direct data for my area. Took a few weeks but I just heard back 3 days ago that it had been...
    Thanks jfd553, Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download...
    I am using MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. I use the XMLTV plugin with Schedules Direct to get my Guide data. In the TV setup interface...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it! I was able to get TVServer installed and running on MP1. Thanks!
    That was it! I was able to get TVServer installed and running on MP1. Thanks!
    I have been using MP1 reliably for several years but suddenly the TV Server stopped working. I've even tried doing a full uninstall...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom