NooooB DVD to HDD questions (1 Viewer)

copperhead

Portal Member
January 9, 2006
I have used dvd decrypter to record one of my dvds in my hdd and i was wondering if that was all i needed to do to get mp to play my dvds off my hard drive. Do i need to do somthing else to make it work?? :?:

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    1) Use DVD Decypter to convert the dvd to an .iso file on the hard drive.
    dvddecrypter how to: http://www.doom9.org/dvddec.htm

2) Make sure you have deamon tools set up on your htpc.
    Daemon Tools download: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php
    Daemon Tools help: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php

3) Set up MP to use Daemon Tools...in the MP setup, General/Daemon Tools
    check "Automount .iso/.bin file using Daemon Tools
    use the Browse button to find and enter the location of the daemon tools executable
    make sure you set the virtual drive letter up the same as you did in your daemon tools program setup

When you rip your dvd, make sure it's saved in a folder you've set up in the MP Setup program under Movies/Movie folders

Click on the file name My Videos, the ripped DVD should play like a dvd was in a drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I discovered that my other two Mediaportal Client PCs running Windows 10 would no longer work. I now have them both working and as I could not find any discussions on similar problems, I thought I would just post my...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody could see I was in netherlands. I think the flag should be related to the country entered and shown ;)
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody...
    Hi, Everyone in MP land. A few days ago, I was quietly thinking how reliable my MP2 HTPC has been over the last 18months. Well you...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including menus work fine. Sorry for having caused trouble, and thanks a lot for the support!
    Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including...
    Hi community, I am further testing out MP2, and there are three questions I have: 1. When importing my local video folder with...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro . I have Comcast cable. I have a set top box. Installed in the computer is a Hauppauge...
    Replies
    Views
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I play a movie it will start playing the menu and either freeze at the start having ne to restart my PC to clear the issue or the video wll play out of sync with the audio. I must me missing something and I...
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
    Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom