Not all Digital Channels showing (1 Viewer)

Greenage

Portal Member
October 24, 2008
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here,

I've had Mediaportal running good, finally got round to setting up my TV card.

I've scanned for new channels but it misses all the BBC ones and more, it does however pickup certain "Mux's"..

I also have the standard Pinnacle Media center and this picks all channels up fine when set to scan "Analogue (Digital)" and I cant find an option for this within Mediaportal, MP picks up the same channels the Pinnacle software does when scanning under "Analogue (Terresterial)"...

I have the standard v1 of MP...do I need to upgrade anything?

I've seen this thread which Im not sure if it's related..

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mp-tv-client-262/announce-mptvclient-v1-2-5-20-12-2007-ii-22027/

Any help available guys?

I'm so close to a final setup!! :D

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here,

I've had Mediaportal running good, finally got round to setting up my TV card.

I've scanned for new channels but it misses all the BBC ones and more, it does however pickup certain "Mux's"..

I also have the standard Pinnacle Media center and this picks all channels up fine when set to scan "Analogue (Digital)" and I cant find an option for this within Mediaportal, MP picks up the same channels the Pinnacle software does when scanning under "Analogue (Terresterial)"...

I have the standard v1 of MP...do I need to upgrade anything?

I've seen this thread which Im not sure if it's related..

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mp-tv-client-262/announce-mptvclient-v1-2-5-20-12-2007-ii-22027/

Any help available guys?

I'm so close to a final setup!! :D

hi greenage.
you're on the wrong forum (easy mistake, I was new to MP myself 1 month ago). This forum is for the "MP TV client" which is a lightweight app that runs standalone on a PC , connects to the TV server (whic is running on your Mediaportal PC) and allows you to stream TV from that mediaportal PC to the client.

so: I run Mediaportal TVserver and Mediaportal Front End on my HTPC (99.9% of viewing), and MP TV client on my laptop to occasionnally watch a channel in another room that the HTPC has access to (no satellite card in my laptop!).

Your problem is with configuration of the mediaportal TV server, so you should ask/search for help on your subject on the "TV server" forums.

ta,
Ian

Greenage

Portal Member
October 24, 2008
Ah! Cheers Ian!

I'll repost in the right place :)

Cheers for the info! Tv Server? Never heard of that before now! Sounds like something to look into for my other machines around the house!

Cheers mate!
Sam

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah! Cheers Ian!

I'll repost in the right place :)

Cheers for the info! Tv Server? Never heard of that before now! Sounds like something to look into for my other machines around the house!

Cheers mate!
Sam

tv server is an integral part of mediaportal architecture. need to read the wiki. machine with the tuner cards) needs to be running the tv server. machines that want to view tv, need the mediaportal front end (for full mediaportal functionality) or this forum's app for limited live tv streaming.
for a single box instalation (most common), tv server and mp front end on same box is normal.
I also have a box without tuner cards that runs mp front end only and connects to another box's tv server
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom