Not enough free disk space (1 Viewer)

BobSpid

May 8, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
When I try to watch live TV I get the error message "not enough free disk space". I have searched for similar issues in other threads but found no suitable solution.

Please consider that:
- MP has been working correctly for a few days before starting showing this message
- I have set the Recording and Timeshift directories to a hard disk with aboug 100 GB free (d:\). Just to be sure, I've done the same for the Video and Music folders.
- The main (system) disk (c:\) has 4.5 GB free (but also the MP application is installed on the other disk, with plenty of space)
- The tuner card is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova stick. It works fine with the Hauppauge WinTV application

Any suggestion on what could be the problem?
Thanks
Bob

BobSpid

May 8, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
SOlVED.

Such a stupid, small, incredible problem!

MP didn't work correctly just because in the folders' paths (i.e., the recording folder, and especially the timeshift folder) I was using a logical drive letter (created with a "subst"), and not the full path ... and all of this without giving out any error!

I'll try to explain it better for whoever should have the same problem:

I have a main fixed disk, C\, and a large external disk, F:\. In the external diskI have created a directory named "Multimedia" "substed" as D:\. Everything works perfectly fine with any application, the logical D: disk appears when I browse the folders within MP, so when I was selecting the timeshift folder I just navigated to D:\

Well, this creates the problem. And it should be not a MP problem, but a Microsoft one, because exactly the same behaviour happened with another TV software, the WinTV application from Hauppauge

As soon as I changed from D:\ to F:\Multimedia the application worked fine again

Greetings,
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom