Codecs Not possible to select any codec in MePo 1.2 with SAF 6? (1 Viewer)

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

Recently I upgraded my OS from Windows server 2008 R2 to SP1, MediaPortal 1.1.3 to 1.20RC, PowerDVD 10 to 11, VideoStudio X3 to X4, and IE 8 to IE 9. I then installed latest version SAF 6.0.
I first got problem opening MePo configuration, it crashes when trying to add video filters. I then fixed some error codecs by using the tool FilmXX(cannot remember the name,), and now I can open the configuration by I cannot select any codec from MePo configuration(the dropdown lists are empty). I tried to reinstall both SAF and MePo without luck. So now I'm wondering could it be anything I upgraded cause the codec problem?
Any suggestion is appreciated!

Below is the sequence I installed the above mentioned programs:
1) Upgrade Windows and IE
2) Install VideoStudio X4
3) Install PowerDVD 11
4) Install MePo 1.2
5) Install StreamedMP
6) Install SAF 6.

stunna

June 20, 2010
Home Country
Ive got exactly the same problem.
Installed MePo 1.2.1, installed StreamedMP 1.7, Installed SaFUnlocked v6, everything installed successfully except there is no codecs to choose from in MePoconfiguration. Empty drop down boxes.

Anyone got any ideas?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Lately I scrapped all the previous codecs I had, so deleted all from my pc, and when I went into MePo config, dropdowns were empty, but when I installed SAF6 (using Run as administrator), dropdowns got populated.

If this doesn't work, try installing SAF6 before MePo to see if it changes anything.

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Be carefull using "Run as administrator" when installing SAF. The installer does some config as the admin, which are not active afterward when running mepo as a normal user.

You should run SAF installer as the user that will run MePo - just grant that user admin rights for the time of the installation.

I faced the problem when I realized that ffdshow had NO library defined for any format for my normal user after a run as... install.
    I uninstalled, granted rights, logged as the "normal" user with admin rights to do the install, and everything was correctly populated - libraries, presets, etc...

bzrty

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, I have the same problems after the SAF6 installation on Windows server 2008 R2 ..
    After the filmerit - trick Mediaportal Configuration works again but the codec-dropdowns are empty..
    Does anyone has found a solution for this problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello IceFire

I'm going to sound like a stuck record, but please post logs. It would be a mistake to assume that you have the same problem as reported in this thread without evidence. Also there is almost zero chance of determining what the problem is unless you provide the detailed information that we need about your system which is included in the log files.

mm

IceFire

February 23, 2009
    I reinstalled my OS now, because i had some more errors. Now it is working fine (i didn't install SaFF to avoid this error again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom