[solved] Nothing on screen when playing live or recorded TV (1 Viewer)

norkmeister

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Hi,

I have a problem that just started today. I had to turn everything off to move some furniture and when I turn the HTPC back on I had forgotten to plug in the LAN cable. MediaPortal complained about not being able to connect to the media server (just to be clear TVServer and MediaPortal are on the same box). I corrected the problem and it no longer prompted for the TV server.

Now when I try to watch live TV or recorded TV (even stuff I watched earlier today, so I know it is fine) the screen is just blank although I can see the HDD activity.

After reading a few thread I saw that it might be the firewall and found that the PC had reverted to a Public network. So I changed it back to a Private network and even enabled the MediaPortal rules for Public networks and rebooted. Still the same problem, so I disabled the firewall altogether and rebooted with still the same problem.

Any ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1410690784][/DOUBLEPOST]Well that was weird. I didn't have an audio cable hooked up because I was just trying to check that it was recording overnight. It occurred to me that perhaps it was failing because it didn't know where to send the audio so I hooked the audio output cable up and it started working again.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

MediaPortal complained about not being able to connect to the media server (just to be clear TVServer and MediaPortal are on the same box).
    MediaPortal and TV Server communicate using the network connection, even when installed on the same box. So this is not unexpected.

I didn't have an audio cable hooked up because I was just trying to check that it was recording overnight.
    You need audio to be connected too.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom