Nova-T 500 Dual (1 Viewer)

madgibbon

January 8, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry I this has already been discuessed. Anyone had experience of using the above card with MP. I've just installed one and MP seems to run much slower, mainly when changing TV +channels. This card has replaced an ASUS 7313 Dual Analogue/Digtal tuner. MP ran much better with this card installed. Due to only having two PCI slots in my PC (graphics card in one) I liked the Nova-T's dual digital tuner.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Mine runs nicely under the TVEngine3; although I did notice it was slow using TV Engine 2. I'll try it with the latest SVN & 0.2.2.0 and let you know, as I haven't used that in the last month

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    mine also runs OK with tvengine3 (using the recently updated drivers)

when i used it on tvengine2 i got constant stutter, but that could have been the drivers causing that or USB related issue that the card suffers from.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Mine runs on 0.2.2.0 with svn, using TVE2 and 1-2 second delay (timeshifting enabled).

With a new card, would recommend a complete reinstall, as there could be database conflicts, relating to the TV side of MP.

Backup your old configuration, ie complete MediaPortal folder if not already done when installing svn. uninstall MP, delete old installation folder and reinstall and reconfigure.

If no improvement, just copy your old MP folder over your new one, to get everything back as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom